Wednesday, 08 February 2012 11:54
The Department of Agrarian Reform Region IX conducted a Regional Conference on CY 2012 DAR Operational Directives at Casa Concepcion Pension House, Tetuan Highway, Zamboanga City on February 2, 2012.
The conference aimed to provide information to the regional and provincial middle managers and point persons on the operational directives on land tenure improvement, program beneficiaries’ development, agrarian justice delivery and other administrative concerns.
Participants to this conference were the Regional Director, Assistant Regional Directors, provincial officers, division chiefs, section chiefs and provincial information officers.
During the conference, the field implementers were informed on the directives and priorities of the Department which will serve as the road map for the implementation of the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program Extension with Reform (CARPER). For the current year, DAR IX has prioritized the distribution of a total of 8,634 hectares of agricultural lands to the agrarian reform beneficiaries (ARBs) in the region. For the program beneficiaries development, DAR top management prioritized the Agrarian Reform Community Connectivity and Economic Support Services (ARCCESS). ARCCESS is a program that aims to improve the income of the farmer beneficiaries through enhanced agri-productivity, better farming efficiency and increased value of crop. Through ARCCESS the farmers will be provided with business development services, farm implements, equipments and facilities. According to DAR IX Regional Director Julita A. Ragandang, a total of P86,029,929.00 was allotted to finance the different ARCCESS projects to be implemented in the different agrarian reform communities in the region and they are the following:
1. Expansion of Savings and Credit Program in Support to Livelihood and Agribusiness in Bulawan, Lapuyan, Zamboanga del Sur;
2. Enhancing the Capability of Rice Farmers in Organic Agriculture and Social Enterprise in Dumingag, Zamboanga del Sur;
3. Sustainable Trainings on Rubber Enterprise for Technical Capability of ARB Households Towards Economic Development (STRETCHED) in Naga, Zamboanga Sibugay;
4. Project Enhancement to Assist Poor Coconut-Farming Enterprise (PEACE) in the 1st Congressional District of Zamboanga Sibugay;
5. Cacao Production and Processing Development Project in 2nd and 3rd Congressional District of Zamboanga del Norte;
6. Rice Mechanization Cum Palay Production in Polanco, Zamboanga del Norte;
7. Abaca Production and Processing in Sindangan and Jose Dalman, Zamboanga del Norte; and
8. Coconut Sugar Production in Pinan, Zamboanga del Norte.
An update on DAR’s transition plan for 2014 was also tackled. This is in preparation for the post land acquisition and distribution scenario of the department in 2014.
- 10/02/2012 11:50 - Prosecution requests subpoenae for Vizconde
- 08/02/2012 12:01 - Aquino says, no day off for him on his birthday
- 08/02/2012 12:00 - VP Binay hails IACAT rescue of trafficking, illegal recruitment victims in Laguna, Tawi-Tawi
- 08/02/2012 12:00 - P-Noy appoints new CA Associate Justice, other officials in judiciary
- 08/02/2012 11:58 - South Cotabato seeks P68.2-M tax settlement deal with power coop
- 08/02/2012 11:53 - President Aquino cites continuing government reforms for high dividend contributions of GOCCs
- 08/02/2012 11:52 - DAR exec visits rubber coops in Sibugay Province
- 08/02/2012 11:52 - Microsoft removes start button in Windows 8
- 07/02/2012 12:10 - Malacanang hails inclusion of Boracay as one of world's top beach destinations
- 07/02/2012 12:09 - Classes suspended in Metro Cebu as 6.8 magnitude quake jolts Cebu, nearby provinces