Wednesday, 08 February 2012 12:00
President Benigno S. Aquino III has appointed Cebu regional trial court (RTC) Judge Marilyn B. Lagura-Yap as Associate Justice of the Court of Appeals (CA), a Palace official announced on Monday.
Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda said Yap graduated cum laude from the University of the Philippines (UP) College of Cebu, before earning her law degree from the University of San Carlos. She has been in government for almost 27 years.
Lacierda also announced other appointments of the Aquino government to the judiciary.
President Aquino has appointed Judge Jacob M. Montesa II to the Metropolitan Trial Court Branch 80 in Muntinlupa City. An experienced litigator, he worked for the Public Attorneys Office (PAO) before becoming a prosecutor for Las Pinas City.
Judge Jean Susan Desuasido Gill has been appointed to the Metropolitan Trial Court Branch 79 in Las Pinas. She took up her Master of Laws at the London School of Economics and Political Science. She worked in the private sector before lending her talents as branch Clerk of Court to the Muntinlupa RTC.
"We are confident that they will stand with the banner of integrity and professionalism in the judiciary, and contribute to the reforms that we are laying out in every branch of government," Lacierda said.
- 10/02/2012 11:51 - Negros Oriental PDRRMC reports 11,576 families affected by quake
- 10/02/2012 11:51 - NFA reminds grains businessmen to renew permit
- 10/02/2012 11:50 - Prosecution requests subpoenae for Vizconde
- 08/02/2012 12:01 - Aquino says, no day off for him on his birthday
- 08/02/2012 12:00 - VP Binay hails IACAT rescue of trafficking, illegal recruitment victims in Laguna, Tawi-Tawi
- 08/02/2012 11:58 - South Cotabato seeks P68.2-M tax settlement deal with power coop
- 08/02/2012 11:54 - DAR IX holds regional confab on Operational Directives
- 08/02/2012 11:53 - President Aquino cites continuing government reforms for high dividend contributions of GOCCs
- 08/02/2012 11:52 - DAR exec visits rubber coops in Sibugay Province
- 08/02/2012 11:52 - Microsoft removes start button in Windows 8