Wednesday, 08 February 2012 12:01
President Benigno S. Aquino III intends to keep himself busy with various works when he celebrates his 52nd birthday today, February 8.
"It’s the same day for me. On Wednesday I intend to work fully. I intend to spend the evening studying other matters that need my attention," President Aquino said in an ambush interview following his attendance of the 110th Founding Anniversary Celebration of the Bureau of Customs (BoC) at the BoC Social Hall, Port Area in Manila on Monday.
Aquino is expected to celebrate his birthday with a thanksgiving mass offered by his family, friends and co-workers in government in Malacanang.
"Kung may mga magdadasal para sa akin eh ‘di thank you. Kung may babatikos sa akin, ganoon talaga…. Wala namang day off sa birthday, thank you," the Chief Executive said.
President Aquino has no particular wish for his birthday. "Alam n’yo, ang chief public servant… ‘yung wishes mo hindi masyadong importante, lalo na on a personal basis," he said.
"Pero kung tahimik ‘yung araw na ‘yon, baka mababawasan ang ipapasang concern sa atin, eh di thank you. Pero kung hindi, ready naman tayo," he said.
- 10/02/2012 11:53 - DA-ATI launches new agri-school concept
- 10/02/2012 11:52 - NEDA sees over 4.6% GDP growth in Q1
- 10/02/2012 11:51 - Negros Oriental PDRRMC reports 11,576 families affected by quake
- 10/02/2012 11:51 - NFA reminds grains businessmen to renew permit
- 10/02/2012 11:50 - Prosecution requests subpoenae for Vizconde
- 08/02/2012 12:00 - VP Binay hails IACAT rescue of trafficking, illegal recruitment victims in Laguna, Tawi-Tawi
- 08/02/2012 12:00 - P-Noy appoints new CA Associate Justice, other officials in judiciary
- 08/02/2012 11:58 - South Cotabato seeks P68.2-M tax settlement deal with power coop
- 08/02/2012 11:54 - DAR IX holds regional confab on Operational Directives
- 08/02/2012 11:53 - President Aquino cites continuing government reforms for high dividend contributions of GOCCs