Saturday, 11 February 2012 00:00
President Benigno S. Aquino III has appointed Evelina Buencamino Guevara-Escudero as member of the University of the Philippines-Board of Regents, a Palace official said on Thursday.
During the regular press briefing in Malacanang on Thursday, Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda said Escudero replaced Magdaleno B. Albarracin Jr. Escudero's term will expire on February 18, 2014.
Lacierda also announced other appointments to the judiciary.
President Aquino appointed Judge Marlo B. Campanilla as presiding judge of the Metropolitan Trial Court Branch 83 in Caloocan City. Prior to his appointment, Campanilla served as the 4th Manila Assistant City Prosecutor since 2002.
Lacierda said Judge Dennis J. Rafa was appointed to MTC Branch 84 in Caloocan City. A graduate of Bachelor of Laws from the Manuel Luis Quezon University (MLQU), Rafa served as Makati Prosecutor II since 2007 until his appointment to Caloocan MTC Branch 84.
Judge Michael V. Francisco was designated as the presiding judge of the MTC Branch 85 in Caloocan City. He graduated Bachelor of Laws from the University of the Philippines and practiced law in several private law firms.
Judge Lourdes Grace Barrientos-Sasondoncillo was appointed to MTC Branch 86 Caloocan City. Prior to her appointment, she worked as Graft Investigation and Prosecution Officer I in the Office of the Ombudsman. She also worked in various banks and was a part-time faculty law professor in various schools.
- 13/02/2012 12:23 - Government to continue aggressive job generation thrust, says President Aquino
- 13/02/2012 12:23 - Makabayan bloc to file resolution hitting SC TRO on Corona dollar accounts
- 13/02/2012 12:22 - PHL gears up for new Ramsar bid
- 13/02/2012 12:21 - Recto seeks review of laws on foreign currency deposits, bank secrecy
- 13/02/2012 12:21 - SC justices belittle impeachment threat
- 10/02/2012 11:53 - Aquino celebrates 52nd birthday visiting quake damaged areas; assures victims of immediate recovery
- 10/02/2012 11:53 - DA-ATI launches new agri-school concept
- 10/02/2012 11:52 - NEDA sees over 4.6% GDP growth in Q1
- 10/02/2012 11:51 - Negros Oriental PDRRMC reports 11,576 families affected by quake
- 10/02/2012 11:51 - NFA reminds grains businessmen to renew permit