Monday, 13 February 2012 12:21
The justices of the Supreme Court (SC), who voted in favor of the issuance of the temporary restraining order (TRO) against the opening of the dollar account of Chief Justice Renato Corona, belittled the threat of one of the Congressman prosecutors that they would also be impeached.
The SC Associate Justices, who voted in favor of the TRO, were Teresita Leonardo-De Castro, Arturo Brion, Roberto Abad, Jose Perez, Lucas Bersamin, Martin Villarama, Jr., Bienvenido Reyes and Jose Mendoza.
SC Spokesman and Court Administrator Atty. Jose Midas Marquez on Friday said that they would just wait the impeachment complaint against the SC justices.
Marquez said that it seemed that the impeachment case had become a regular threat against the magistrates.
Likewise, he also assured that at present, the work of the magistrates continues and that they would decide on pending cases based only on facts.
House prosecutor Ilocos Norte (1st District) Rep. Rodolfo Farinas earlier said that he would lead in the filing of the impeachment complaint against the eight SC magistrates who voted in favor of the issuance of the TRO against the opening of the dollar account of Corona.
- 13/02/2012 12:23 - Chiz presses bill on waiver on bank deposits for gov't officials
- 13/02/2012 12:23 - Government to continue aggressive job generation thrust, says President Aquino
- 13/02/2012 12:23 - Makabayan bloc to file resolution hitting SC TRO on Corona dollar accounts
- 13/02/2012 12:22 - PHL gears up for new Ramsar bid
- 13/02/2012 12:21 - Recto seeks review of laws on foreign currency deposits, bank secrecy
- 11/02/2012 00:00 - Aquino names Escudero as member of U.P. Board of Regents; appoints new officials of the judiciary
- 10/02/2012 11:53 - Aquino celebrates 52nd birthday visiting quake damaged areas; assures victims of immediate recovery
- 10/02/2012 11:53 - DA-ATI launches new agri-school concept
- 10/02/2012 11:52 - NEDA sees over 4.6% GDP growth in Q1
- 10/02/2012 11:51 - Negros Oriental PDRRMC reports 11,576 families affected by quake