Monday, 13 February 2012 12:23
Bayan Muna Rep. Teddy Casiño will lead the Makabayan bloc in filing a resolution expressing in the strongest terms the sense of the House of Representatives that the Supreme Court temporary restraining order against the Senate sitting as an impeachment court and the House of Representatives as prosecutors on the opening of the foreign currency deposit accounts of Supreme Court Chief Justice Renato Corona as an attack on the constitutional mandate of Congress and a form of sabotage to derail the impeachment proceedings.
According to Casiño and as written in the resolution, “by restraining the impeachment court from finding out the truth of CJ Corona’s multiple dollar accounts , the Supreme Court is courting the Filipino people’s anger for hiding the truth. By abusing their powers to protect one of their own from public accountability, the SC is treading on dangerous ground. We condemn the SC’s move as an attack on the power of the House of Representatives to prosecute impeachment complaints and call on the Senate not to back down on this blatant challenge to its authority”.
- 14/02/2012 10:25 - Pacquiao ponders on retirement after Bradley fight
- 14/02/2012 10:24 - PHL gears up for new Ramsar bid
- 13/02/2012 12:24 - President Aquino says BoC needs more time to carry out reforms
- 13/02/2012 12:23 - Chiz presses bill on waiver on bank deposits for gov't officials
- 13/02/2012 12:23 - Government to continue aggressive job generation thrust, says President Aquino
- 13/02/2012 12:22 - PHL gears up for new Ramsar bid
- 13/02/2012 12:21 - Recto seeks review of laws on foreign currency deposits, bank secrecy
- 13/02/2012 12:21 - SC justices belittle impeachment threat
- 11/02/2012 00:00 - Aquino names Escudero as member of U.P. Board of Regents; appoints new officials of the judiciary
- 10/02/2012 11:53 - Aquino celebrates 52nd birthday visiting quake damaged areas; assures victims of immediate recovery