Tuesday, 14 February 2012 10:30
The public must give the Bureau of Customs (BoC) more time to carry out reform measures considering the severity of the problems that it faces, President Benigno S. Aquino III said.
“Ang hinahabol natin umasenso lahat. Ngayon, na-highlight sa Customs dahil napakalayo nila doon sa inaasam-asam natin at tatatlong buwan pa lang si Ruffy Biazon at si Danny Lim, tapos medyo malalalim na ugat ng problem diyan sa Customs at talaga namang kailangan bigyan natin ng realizable target,” the President said in an interview on Friday.
The President was interviewed by the media during the launching of an entrepreneurial program of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA) in Taguig City on Friday. Reporters asked the President about the government agencies that he will prioritize in the implementation of reforms.
Aside from discussing the reforms at the BoC, the President said he is impressed at the way TESDA Director General Emmanuel Joel Villanueva does his work.
Despite the P2.4 billion debt, the President said TESDA was able to get ISO certification as well as posting 61 percent employment record.
“Talaga namang happy tayo (with the performance). But of course, pag ni-report ni Joel na 100 percent ng 100 percent, mas happy tayo,” he said.
- 16/02/2012 13:47 - SC orders Senate to comment on CJ Corona's supplemental petition
- 16/02/2012 13:46 - Houses at foot of Mt. Apo now lighted with solar power
- 16/02/2012 13:46 - Mindanao's first steel plant soon to rise in Davao City
- 15/02/2012 00:00 - Senate’s CCTV records show no such ‘small lady’
- 15/02/2012 00:00 - Execom holds 4th Tony Clarito 2012 President's Cup
- 14/02/2012 10:29 - Minister Bloy: We need more immigrants to build Canada
- 14/02/2012 10:28 - Coloma urges Filipinos to initiate peace, development efforts founded on tenets of Aquino gov't
- 14/02/2012 10:27 - Palace warns OFWs against working as drug mules
- 14/02/2012 10:27 - Local student tops academic challenge
- 14/02/2012 10:26 - Lawmakers hit defense team for trying to discredit senator-judges in ongoing impeachment trial