Tuesday, 21 February 2012 10:13
President Benigno S. Aquino III administered Monday the oath of office of newly-appointed Solicitor General Francis Jardeleza in ceremonies held in Malacañang.
Jardeleza, the Deputy Ombudsman for Luzon, replaced Jose Cadiz who resigned earlier this month.
Prior to his stint at the Office of the Ombudsman, Jardeleza served as senior vice-president and general counsel of San Miguel Corporation (SMC).
Aside from Jardeleza, the President also formally swore in Manuel Mamba as Presidential Adviser on Legislative Affairs.
Mamba, a former congressman of Cagayan province, replaced former Presidential Legislative Liaison Office chief Antonino Roman.
The President also presided over a mass oathtaking ceremony involving 35 newly appointed government officials and 71 promoted officers of the Armed Forces of the Philippines and the Philippine National Police. (PNA)
- 21/02/2012 10:18 - DOST launches solution to the water hyacinth problem
- 21/02/2012 10:17 - DSWD KALAHI-CIDSS IX wins five nat’l awards
- 21/02/2012 10:16 - Kiko: PHL should look into investments in 'Black Gold'
- 21/02/2012 10:15 - President Aquino vows to heighten fight against illegal logging
- 21/02/2012 10:14 - NTC urged to curb illegal handset radio operator, jammers
- 21/02/2012 10:12 - Prosecutors want TV cameramen to testify in Corona’s impeachment trial
- 21/02/2012 10:10 - VCO has no cholesterol content says FNRI-DOST
- 21/02/2012 10:08 - Zambo del Norte cops hold tree planting in support to PNoy's greening program
- 17/02/2012 12:35 - Avon sales slide as door-to-door reps leave
- 17/02/2012 12:33 - British man gives birth to baby boy