Thursday, 23 February 2012 15:08
STI College, with the desire to empower the youth to be at the forefront of positive change in the society, is spearheading a forum that will be participated by 4,000 high school students of the city. This forum is aptly dubbed as Leading in Excellence to Achieve Development or the LEAD forum.
The LEAD forum aims to prepare our youths to become the prime movers towards a more progressive and sustainable nation. This event aims to instill in the minds and hearts of the students that they possess the power to become effective and responsible leaders of the future.
To ensure that these objectives will be met, STI College invited local and nationally-acclaimed speakers that are champions in bringing positive change both in their own lives and to the people that they have helped. Among them is Mr. Carlos Aguilar known as the founder of ABUNDANCE, Mr. Joseph Castillo the head of zero plastic Philippines movement, the Father of the city--Mayor Celso L. Lobregat, Cong. Beng Climaco, Dr. Emmylou Yanga of CHED Reg. IX, Dr. Lorenzo G. Macapili of TESDA Reg. IX, Ms. Grace Agudelo of I Can Movement and one of STI’s international award-winning layout artists Mr. Bennajar Marri.
This effort is made possible in fervent partnership with the City Government, Office of District I Rep. Ma. Isabel Climaco-Salazar, CHED IX, TESDA IX and NYC. LEAD is in line with the commemoration of our 75th Dia de Zamboanga Charter Anniversary celebration. This is STI’s way of showing support to the community that it serves and the full confidence to the youths. It is a commitment to its valuable promise to provide wholistic growth to the students that will make them become job-ready and life-ready.
STI College believes that,
YOUths possess the power to LEAD.
Change more than what others think is practical (Excellence)
Change more than what others think is possible (Achievement)
Change more than what others think is wise (Development)
Leading in Excellence to Achieve Development.
LEAD the Change.
I LEAD, I am STI.
- 24/02/2012 10:57 - Phl gets “strong performer” rank in global Environmental Performance Index
- 24/02/2012 10:56 - Iranians struggling to fight inflation under sanctions
- 24/02/2012 10:55 - A closer look, greater push for MPPA
- 23/02/2012 15:09 - Cebu Pacific selects Rolls-Royce TotalCare®
- 23/02/2012 15:09 - Purisima reiterates PHL’s credit rating is underrated
- 22/02/2012 10:31 - House justice panel finds probable cause to impeach Del Castillo
- 22/02/2012 10:30 - Coconut sugar and syrup are promising alternative sweeteners
- 22/02/2012 10:29 - Most fruits have low Glycemic Index
- 22/02/2012 10:27 - Zambo Sur mountain turning into graveyard, toxic land
- 21/02/2012 10:23 - Army division officers and men support Mindanao peace process