Monday, 27 February 2012 00:00
President Benigno S. Aquino III will formally announce the enactment of Republic Act No. 10157, otherwise known as the Kindergarten Education Law, in ceremonies to be held in Malacañang on Monday.
The President will make the announcement by presiding over the presentation of signed documents of the Kindergarten Law that will be led by House Speaker Feliciano Belmonte and Education Secretary Armin Luistro at the Rizal Hall of Malacañang Palace.
Republic Act 10157, “An Act Institutionalizing the Kindergarten Education into the Basic Education system and Appropriating Funds Therefore”, provides for a free and compulsory kindergarten education beginning school year 2012-2013.
The law, which was signed by the President last January 20, underscores the importance of Kindergarten education “to the academic and technical development of the Filipino child for it is the period when the young mind’s absorptive capacity for learning is at its sharpest.”
Under the law, children aged five will be required to take up a year in Kindergarten in preparation for entry to Grade 1.
This, the Department of Education said will improve a child’s performance in grade school and stem the incidences of early dropout.
- 01/03/2012 12:33 - Spanish Humanitarian Aid Chief meets with Local Interfaith Group on Peace Process
- 01/03/2012 12:30 - Huge success of the 1st Zamboanga Youth Leaders Parliament
- 29/02/2012 12:12 - Oil prices expected to rise further: UAE expert
- 29/02/2012 12:05 - SN ABOITIZ POWER GROUP
- 27/02/2012 00:00 - DPLMHS holds seminar-workshop on First Aid
- 24/02/2012 10:58 - Cebu Pacific Air chooses CIT for A330 leases
- 24/02/2012 10:57 - All set for 2012 People Power Anniversary
- 24/02/2012 10:57 - Phl gets “strong performer” rank in global Environmental Performance Index
- 24/02/2012 10:56 - Iranians struggling to fight inflation under sanctions
- 24/02/2012 10:55 - A closer look, greater push for MPPA