Friday, 02 March 2012 11:04
The Department of Education (Deped) has allocated P136.6 million for the annual Palarong Pambasa set to start on May 6 in Lingayen, Pangasinan.
DepEd Secretary Armin Luistro said the national games are important components in the development of school children and students.
"When we say total human development, we mean to develop persons who are physically fit, socially responsible, and globally competitive," he said.
Luistro said the event is "an important component of the basic education curriculum because it promotes physical education and sports which are part of the full development of the youth’s potential."
Most of the events will be held at the Narciso Ramos Sports Center in Lingayen while the rest will be in the cities of San Carlos and Dagupan and the towns of Bugallon and Binmaley.
The Palaro, where some 10,000 student-athletes from public elementary and high schools around the country will participate, will be concluded on May 12.
"In a way, the results of the Palaro provide a database for a more sound and relevant school development program," Luistro said. (PNA)
- 02/03/2012 11:06 - Malacanang vows proposed sin tax law to provide competition in tobacco industry
- 02/03/2012 11:06 - Summer Training Courses on SPFL
- 02/03/2012 11:05 - Teachers undergo Spanish professional development courses
- 02/03/2012 11:05 - ADB sees Philippine economy growing by 5% this year
- 02/03/2012 11:04 - Pacquiao wants more protection for professional boxers
- 01/03/2012 12:37 - Bolong ES remains recipient of 'Let's start with ABC Foundation'
- 01/03/2012 12:33 - Spanish Humanitarian Aid Chief meets with Local Interfaith Group on Peace Process
- 01/03/2012 12:30 - Huge success of the 1st Zamboanga Youth Leaders Parliament
- 29/02/2012 12:12 - Oil prices expected to rise further: UAE expert
- 29/02/2012 12:05 - SN ABOITIZ POWER GROUP