Friday, 02 March 2012 11:05
Two Spanish teachers from Region IX have undergone professional growth courses on Teaching Spanish as a foreign language.
Ethel A. Medallo and Joseline S. Alvarez, two teachers of Don Pablo Lorenzo Memorial High School, are recipients of the Special Program in Foreign Language (SPFL), which happens to be the only school too in Region IX to be piloting it.
Addressing the need for professional growth in the education sector, the Department of Education in collaboration with Instituto Cervantes, Manila and the Universidad de Salamanca, Spain conducted Professional Development Courses on Teaching Spanish as a foreign language every semestral break for three consecutive years now.
Furthermore, these courses aim to capacitate and equip the 28 teacher participants coming from 12 piloting regions in the Philippines with linguistic command of Spanish in grammar and vocabulary to form a functional and communicative approach; communicative competence, methodological approaches and Spanish culture and civilization.
With the very supportive principal, Dr. Maria Pilar N. Gregorio, the inclusion of Spanish subject in the curriculum is getting positive feedbacks from students, parents, and teachers.
by: Ethel Apolinario-Medallo
- 08/03/2012 13:04 - Philippines ratifies Protocol I; more protection for victims of international armed conflicts
- 02/03/2012 11:08 - DOLE turns over Kabuhayan Starter Kits worth P810T
- 02/03/2012 11:07 - Government conducts wider consultations to adopt better mining policy, says Ochoa
- 02/03/2012 11:06 - Malacanang vows proposed sin tax law to provide competition in tobacco industry
- 02/03/2012 11:06 - Summer Training Courses on SPFL
- 02/03/2012 11:05 - ADB sees Philippine economy growing by 5% this year
- 02/03/2012 11:04 - Pacquiao wants more protection for professional boxers
- 02/03/2012 11:04 - DepEd allocates P136-M for Palarong Pambansa
- 01/03/2012 12:37 - Bolong ES remains recipient of 'Let's start with ABC Foundation'
- 01/03/2012 12:33 - Spanish Humanitarian Aid Chief meets with Local Interfaith Group on Peace Process