Sunday, 18 March 2012 00:00
Being prepared is always the foremost axiom of the Civil Defense Action Group (CDAG) everytime they conduct emergency drills particularly in the different schools in the city. CDAG tends to work in concert with related organizations to help create awareness among our young people on what to do in times of disasters, be it man-made or natural calamities.
Councilor Gerky Valesco, a former Red Cross emergency rescue volunteer in the 1990s shared his thoughts before the teachers of both the Zamboanga West and East Central Schools. Valesco used to be the president of the Specialized Volunteer Services of the PNRC and he has participated in various emergency rescue efforts. He is also a recipient of various awards from Red Cross including a gold medal award.
The drills at the central school was also participated in by active and dedicated personnel from the City Police Office, Bureau of Fire Protection, Task Force Zamboanga, and the proactive teachers and pupils of said schools headed by principal incharge and sincere educator Mr. Ronald Aba-a.
Photos by Jimmy Pioquinto, Bureau of Fire Protection, Zamboanga City.
- 21/03/2012 14:12 - OPEC oil prices continue to rise
- 21/03/2012 14:12 - God told me to retire - Pacquiao
- 21/03/2012 14:11 - Sun Cellular expands to six more Sun Shop outlets nationwide
- 19/03/2012 11:26 - AFP modernization program in full swing - Gazmin
- 19/03/2012 11:25 - Sun Cellular launches new postpaid plan 250
- 13/03/2012 14:48 - '2012 Balikatan Exercise' to simulate earthquake disaster response
- 13/03/2012 14:44 - Carjackers using new trick
- 13/03/2012 14:43 - Gov't to remain vigilant on oil price volatility
- 13/03/2012 14:43 - SM builds its largest mall in North China
- 12/03/2012 11:16 - Palace defends VAT on oil