Saturday, 25 September 2010 09:22
In the spirit of fair reporting, we are publishing the following letter of Mr. Cholo Soliven relative to our banner story on September 23 entitled "Business Chamber Prexy says Kidnapping remains a threat to Zambo businessmen".
Mr. Jv Faustino
Dear Mr. Faustino,
This has reference to your banner story dated September 23, 2010 entitled "Business Chamber Prexy says Kidnapping remains a threat to Zambo businessmen" reported by Mr. Nonong Santiago. In page 2, continuation of the banner story, it was written that "Zamboanga Chamber of Commerce and Industry President Cholo Soliven said the kidnapping incident only reinforces that Zamboanga City is not safe, especially for businessmen..."
The actual verbatim statement I issued was "the kidnapping incident only reinforces the "PERCEPTION" that Zamboanga City is not safe, especially for businessmen..."
The word "perception" was not included by the reporter in the article, which I believe changes the context of my statement.
We hope this will put things in the right context.
Thank you very much.
Very truly yours,
Cholo N. Soliven
- 26/09/2010 00:00 - Turn back the clock on your life: 7 ways to keep yourself young.
- 25/09/2010 09:28 - MILF radical shift for peace
- 25/09/2010 09:27 - Basilan was sold to France
- 25/09/2010 09:24 - Degrees that hiring managers want
- 25/09/2010 09:24 - 5 tricks for longer-lasting jeans
- 25/09/2010 09:20 - DENR, DEPED launch 2010 IYB celebration in Ipil
- 25/09/2010 09:18 - Aquino's efforts get thumbs up from WB official
- 25/09/2010 09:16 - RP hosts International Outsourcing Summit next month
- 24/09/2010 11:34 - Another Exxon Mobil tragedy: May God forbid!
- 24/09/2010 11:33 - Mastering the Art of Persuasion