Monday, 19 March 2012 11:25
Following its intensified network expansion program, Sun Cellular launched its first salvo of new and better value postpaid plans, the Postpaid Plan 250 initially available in Mindanao.
“Given the immense demand for Sun Cellular’s best-value services in Mindanao, we have specifically chosen the region as our pilot area for this subscription plan offering,” says Ricky Pena, Senior Vice President for Postpaid and New Business.
For only P250.00 per month, subscribers to this new postpaid plan includes unlimited Sun-to-Sun texts, four hours of Sun-to-Sun calls, 500 texts to other networks plus a free Samsung E1080 phone. This plan is perfect for those who want to enjoy unlimited texting and still be able to call their friends and loved ones from time to time. Also with the generous allocation of texts to other networks, this plan will also attract those who want to stay in touch but do not want to spend too much.
Sun Cellular has been the preferred choice of over 50% of new postpaid plan subscribers for the past 5 years. Its postpaid subscriber base continues to grow steadily increasing by more than 30% year over year in January of 2012 versus the same period last year.
“This 2012, we are focusing on boosting our network signal strength by augmenting and optimizing our existing cell sites, and taking advantage of synergies with our sister companies in the PLDT Group. Our extensive network strengthening campaign will be complimented with products that best suit the needs of the locals in the areas we are expanding to,” Pena revealed.
Pena also expressed his confidence on the widened coverage in Mindanao. “As we move to further establishing a more extensive network, our subscribers in Mindanao may now enjoy our best-value postpaid plans in areas where before we were not present,” he adds. “This will also benefit customers in other areas outside Mindanao as they can now get in touch with their family and other loved ones in the new areas we are now in using their Sun Cellular lines.”
The first wave of these network enhancement efforts are now being felt in the areas of Lanao del Norte and Lanao del Sur, Basilan, Camiguin, Zamboanga, Tawi-Tawi, Dinagat Island, Compostella Valley, Sulu, Bukidnon, Cagayan de Oro, Davao del Sur, among others.
Sun Cellular is a member of the PLDT Group.
- 21/03/2012 14:13 - Enrile opposes reduction of VAT on petroleum products
- 21/03/2012 14:12 - OPEC oil prices continue to rise
- 21/03/2012 14:12 - God told me to retire - Pacquiao
- 21/03/2012 14:11 - Sun Cellular expands to six more Sun Shop outlets nationwide
- 19/03/2012 11:26 - AFP modernization program in full swing - Gazmin
- 18/03/2012 00:00 - Emergency Drills @ Zamboanga East and West Central Schools
- 13/03/2012 14:48 - '2012 Balikatan Exercise' to simulate earthquake disaster response
- 13/03/2012 14:44 - Carjackers using new trick
- 13/03/2012 14:43 - Gov't to remain vigilant on oil price volatility
- 13/03/2012 14:43 - SM builds its largest mall in North China