Wednesday, 21 March 2012 14:14
Bayan Muna Partylist Representative Neri Colmenares exposed the statement of Chief Justice Renato Corona through his spokesman Midas Marquez that there was no double standard in prohibiting the prosecution from accessing witnesses from the Supreme Court while allowing the defense access to witness Araceli Bayuga as double talk intended to cover up the preferential treatment given by the Supreme Court to CJ Corona.
“CJ Corona prohibited his security guard Cristopher Dollente and driver Eric Borlongan from testifying on a very administrative matter such as what time they served the TRO on Sec. De Lima. What’s so confidential about that? Obviously, CJ Corona cannot explain why his security personnel served the TRO instead of regular process servers. Kasi he was rushing the TRO kahit wala na ang regular process servers at gabi na, sa paghahabol nyang makatakas si Gloria Arroyo sa bansa nung gabing yon. That’s double standard and concealment of evidence. ” said Rep. Colmenares.
“Pag witness na mag justify na may income si CJ Corona para pambili ng mga condo nya mabilis pa sa alas kwatro magbigay ang SC, kasing bilis ng pagbigay nila ng TRO pabor kay Gloria Arroyo. Pero, magtatanong lang ang prosekusyon sa clerk of court kung ano oras na-type yung TRO ni Arroyo biglang confidential at hindi pwede mag testify. Both these testimonies are administrative matters. Anyone who says that it is not double standard is lying to protect CJ Corona,” he added.
“CJ Corona allowed defense witnesses to testify on an administrative matter while prohibiting prosecution witness from testifying on the same administrative matters. It is double standards. The February 14 Resolution issued by the Court is nothing more than a self serving resolution intended to deprive the prosecution of access to evidence. Hindi ito punto por puntong pag sagot sa mga akusasyon sa kanya. Ito ay punto por puntong pagtago ng ebidensya,” concluded Colmenares.
- 24/03/2012 14:13 - Whitney Houston drowned with cocaine in system: coroner
- 24/03/2012 14:13 - DPLMHS holds recollection for graduating students
- 24/03/2012 14:12 - PHL approves new visa policies for foreign tourists
- 23/03/2012 00:00 - Sun Cellular reaches out to Syria OFWs
- 23/03/2012 00:00 - WMSU holds Baccalaureate Mass
- 21/03/2012 14:13 - Senate leadership assures verdict on Corona’s trial before sine die adjournment
- 21/03/2012 14:13 - Enrile opposes reduction of VAT on petroleum products
- 21/03/2012 14:12 - OPEC oil prices continue to rise
- 21/03/2012 14:12 - God told me to retire - Pacquiao
- 21/03/2012 14:11 - Sun Cellular expands to six more Sun Shop outlets nationwide