Thursday, 12 April 2012 11:56
COTABATO CITY - Preparations are being firmed up for scheduled largest gathering of power industry stakeholders from all across Mindanao on Friday in Davao, the Mindanao Development Authority (MinDA) Wednesday said.
Secretary Luwalhati Antonino, MinDA chair, said her office is organizing the summit in cooperation with the Department of Energy (DOE) and other Mindanao stakeholders.
She said that based on latest confirmations around 300 to 350 delegates are expected to attend the event.
“The Power Summit accords us the opportunity to discuss the real Mindanao power situation and the specific short to long term measures that stakeholders wanted acted on jointly by the government and the industry players,” said Antonino.
Antonino stressed that no less than President Aquino has sought that proposed measures for resolving the Mindanao power problem and putting in place of long term action plan should form part of the shared consensus of the Mindanao stakeholders.
“This is being done for and by the Mindanawons who have a direct stake on the Mindanao power issue and what needs to be done, and the President will be there to see to it that the proposed measures are thoroughly studied and doables carried through,” she added.
Among those expected to take part in the one-day summit are heads and representatives of all electric cooperatives in Mindanao, distribution utilities, generation companies, governors and city mayors, Mindanao lawmakers, business and industry sectors, non-government organizations, civil society groups and consumer advocates.
She explained that the Summit format was designed to provide opportunity for the key sectors and stakeholder representatives to present their respective issues and recommendations for way forward actions. The President is expected to respond with specific policy directives.
- 12/04/2012 12:05 - Mindanao open to nuclear power plant
- 12/04/2012 12:04 - Osaka to call for abolition of nuclear power plant
- 12/04/2012 12:01 - PHL files diplomatic protest vs. China over incursion into Scarborough Shoal
- 12/04/2012 11:58 - RP re-elected to UN information body
- 12/04/2012 11:57 - Aquino, Emir of Qatar witness signing of four agreements
- 12/04/2012 11:55 - Sun Cellular unveils text all 15 load variant exclusive to Mindanao
- 10/04/2012 12:05 - PHL population hit 92.34M in 2010
- 10/04/2012 12:04 - All set for Summer Job program in Zambo City
- 09/04/2012 00:00 - ABI to provide scholarship to 1,250 military dependents
- 09/04/2012 00:00 - Six suspected members of Taiwan's int'l drug ring barred entry at NAIA?