Thursday, 12 April 2012 12:10
House Deputy Speaker and District I Congresswoman Beng Climaco will initiate thecreation of police volunteers in key barangays in the west coast to help law enforcers in peace keeping efforts as one of the various measures intended tohelp address security issues in the city.
Thisis in addition to representations that the lady solon has made with the Chiefof the Philippine National Police (CPNP) on the immediate need to identify necessary mechanisms to place in the budget all requirements for lawenforcement.
As far as Congressional funds is concerned, Congresswoman Climaco said, she isalso bent on looking at the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) menu to augment the needs or requirements of the police, particularly the ZamboangaCity Police Office.
Representations have also been made with the Secretary of National Defense, Western MindanaoCommand Chief MGen. Noel Coballes and heads of military sector to find ways and means on how to augment and supplement the requirements of the Task ForceZamboanga.
Shesaid all requirements should be institutionalized so that the funding can bealready included in the next budget. In this case, she said, the police and the Task Force Zamboanga will no longer seek supplemental budget for theirrequirements.
ComeJune, according to Cong. Climaco, the barangays in District I will haveinstitutionalized communication equipment in line with the strengthening of theBarangay Enhancement Network Group program.
Onthe other hand, the Salaam Police Volunteers will form part of the program to strengthenforce multipliers to help step up security measures in the barangays.
Thepolice volunteers are expected to provide additional reports to regularpolicemen assigned in the barangays. “Peace keeping will be everybody’s effort”,Cong. Climaco said.
Cong.Climaco added that peace and security has to be everybody’s concern, thus,every citizen of the city should contribute in whatever way they can to helpand support the police and military authorities in keeping peace.
- 17/04/2012 00:00 - Storms sweep U.S. Midwest
- 16/04/2012 00:00 - Pres. Aquino expresses interest to review EPIRA
- 14/04/2012 10:55 - President Aquino gives DOE marching order for speedy solution of Mindanao power problem
- 14/04/2012 10:53 - US denounces North Korea over failed rocket launch
- 12/04/2012 12:10 - Bayanihan Teams deployed in Basilan
- 12/04/2012 12:09 - Three killed, 16 hurt in North Cotabato bus explosion
- 12/04/2012 12:08 - Dental x-rays linked to common brain tumor
- 12/04/2012 12:06 - Mobile processing Program to be launched in Dipolog City
- 12/04/2012 12:06 - Iranian navy rescues eight captive Filipino seamen; two die during rescue operations
- 12/04/2012 12:05 - Mindanao open to nuclear power plant