Wednesday, 18 April 2012 17:05
President Benigno S. Aquino III said that he is considering the option of nominating a new ambassador to the People's Republic of China (PROC) after the Commission on Appointments (CA) deferred anew the confirmation of the appointment of Domingo Lee.
The Chief Executive issued the statement during the regular press briefing at the President’s Hall of the Malacañang Palace on Monday following the deferment of Lee's confirmation.
The President said that he is just awaiting the resolution of the CA on Lee's appointment before he makes the nomination of a new envoy.
"Primarily, we have to listen to the wisdom of the Commission on Appointments. ....Are there grounds for it? As the situation has changed, it also changes the parameters of the ambassador we need in China," the President said.
The Chief Executive also cited the recent developments in the Scarborough Shoal as the reason in considering the option of appointing a new ambassador.
"He was appointed a year ago and the considerations were different. Now, we have the Scarborough incident and there are other issues. Does he possess the necessary skills to be able to help us navigate this treacherous water at this point in time?” Aquino stressed.
- 20/04/2012 16:35 - Sun Cellular launches mobile landline plan in Cebu
- 20/04/2012 16:34 - President awards UZ student as champion in speech tilt
- 19/04/2012 12:12 - Pacquiao shows old form on first day of training in Baguio City
- 19/04/2012 12:08 - BIR loses in P600-M tax case vs Petron
- 19/04/2012 12:07 - SC refers to IBP disbarment raps vs. De Lima, Lacierda
- 18/04/2012 17:04 - Casiño to Noynoy: “We may not begoing to war, but we must defend our rights and sovereignty!”
- 18/04/2012 17:01 - Tuition fee hike of not more than 5% is manageable - DepEd
- 18/04/2012 17:01 - MRDP to hold PO gab
- 18/04/2012 17:00 - No more pine trees to be cut in SM expansion plan - Robredo
- 18/04/2012 17:00 - Mindanaoans hold cultural protest vs. RP-US Balikatan