Friday, 20 April 2012 16:34
President Benigno Simeon "Noynoy" C. Aquino awards a junior high school student of the Universidad de Zamboanga as the champion in the recently concluded 20th National Oratorical contest sponsored by the Veterans Federation of the Philippines-Sons and Daughters Association, Inc. (VFP-SDAI) last March 31, 2012.
The awarding ceremony was held during the commemorative "Araw ng Kagitingan" program held last April 9, 2012 at Mt. Samat, Bataan where President Aquino was the guest of honor, with ambassadors from Japan and USA. This is an annual program that celebrates the heroism and bravery of the World War II Filipino veterans.
Mia Carro D. Falcasantos, an incoming fourth year high school student of AEMSHS, Universidad de Zamboanga bested the other best orators of the different regions of the country. She sees herself as an educator in the future.
Present in the grand event were the proud parents of the champion orator: Architect Rodel S. Falcasantos, of the City Engineer's office and Engr. Catherine D. Falcasantos, a faculty member of WMSU.
Miss Falcasantos was trained by Dr. Expedito "Titus" H. Malbago, of WMSU, and Alvin G. Alfonso (son of a veteran) from VFP-SDAI.
Zamboanga City has produced several national winners in the past who were also awarded by the Presidents of the Republic of the Philippines in the commemorative program.
- 20/04/2012 16:37 - DepEd-ARMM generates P162-M savings
- 20/04/2012 16:36 - Zamboanga del Norte in full preparation for Hudyaka 2012
- 20/04/2012 16:36 - Aquino appoints new government officials
- 20/04/2012 16:35 - Nurturing summer of service 2012
- 20/04/2012 16:35 - Sun Cellular launches mobile landline plan in Cebu
- 19/04/2012 12:12 - Pacquiao shows old form on first day of training in Baguio City
- 19/04/2012 12:08 - BIR loses in P600-M tax case vs Petron
- 19/04/2012 12:07 - SC refers to IBP disbarment raps vs. De Lima, Lacierda
- 18/04/2012 17:05 - Aquino considers another nominee for Ambassador to China
- 18/04/2012 17:04 - Casiño to Noynoy: “We may not begoing to war, but we must defend our rights and sovereignty!”