Friday, 20 April 2012 16:36
President Benigno S. Aquino III has sworn into office a batch of newly-appointed officials of the various agencies of the government who will be tasked to closely work with the Aquino administration in ensuring the realization of its social contract with the Filipino people and effect change that will lead to the country's sustainable progress and development.
In simple ceremonies at the Rizal Ceremonial Hall of the Malacanang Palace on Tuesday, President Aquino led the oath-taking of new officials of agencies under the Office of the President (OP), the National Anti-Poverty Commission (NAPC), Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG), Commission on Higher Education (CHED), Department of Agriculture and the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
The group was led by former Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) chief of staff Eduardo SL. Oban Jr., who took his oath before the President as acting member of the Board of Directors of the Clark Development Corporation.
Other newly-sworn officials include Elmar B. Ingles, Member, Representing the Consumer Organizations, Optical Media Board; Lucena P. Samson, Part-time Commissioner representing the Pampango Language, Commission on the Filipino Language; Ma. Cristina N. Flores, Part-time Commissioner representing the Pangasinan Language, Commission on the Filipino Language; Lorna E. Flores, Part-time Commissioner representing the Languages of Southern Cultural Communities, Commission on the Filipino Language; Francia C. Conrado, member of the Movie and Television Review and Classification Board (MTRCB); Marco P. Santiago, Presidential Legislative Liaison Officer III; and Yasmin Busran-Lao, Presidential Assistant for Muslim Concerns.
Also sworn in were Rosalinda A. Manabat, member, representing Workers in the Formal Sector and Migrant Workers (NAPC); Delfa T. Talaid, member, representing Artisanal Fisherfolk (NAPC) and Norisa I. Sabirin, member, representing Children (NAPC), among others.
For the DILG, the newly-appointed officials were Golda S. Ballesta, member, Sangguniang Panlalawigan of the 1st District Province of Northern Samar.
For CHED, Evelina Buencamino Guevara-Escudero took her oath of office as member of the Board of Regents of the University of the Philippines.
Other appointees were Irene M. Isaac, Deputy Director General of the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority (TESDA); Teodoro C. Pascua, acting Deputy Director General of TESDA; Eva Ponce De Leon, Regular Member of the Dangerous Drugs Board (DDB); Mehol K. Sadain, Commissioner, National Commission on Muslim Filipinos and Salem Demuna, Commissioner, National Commission on Muslim Filipinos. (PCOO/PIA9-ZBST)
- 21/04/2012 11:57 - 2-day golf tourney kicks off today
- 21/04/2012 11:57 - Sun Cellular launches mobile landline plan in Cebu
- 20/04/2012 16:37 - Aquino government to come up with concrete mining policy soon
- 20/04/2012 16:37 - DepEd-ARMM generates P162-M savings
- 20/04/2012 16:36 - Zamboanga del Norte in full preparation for Hudyaka 2012
- 20/04/2012 16:35 - Nurturing summer of service 2012
- 20/04/2012 16:35 - Sun Cellular launches mobile landline plan in Cebu
- 20/04/2012 16:34 - President awards UZ student as champion in speech tilt
- 19/04/2012 12:12 - Pacquiao shows old form on first day of training in Baguio City
- 19/04/2012 12:08 - BIR loses in P600-M tax case vs Petron