Friday, 20 April 2012 16:37
COTABATO CITY - The Department of Education (DepEd) in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) has generated P162 million savings from December 2011 to March 2012.
In his 100th day “Ulat sa Bayan” yesterday at the ORG Canopy, ARMM compound, ARMM OIC-governor Mujiv Hataman said the agency has produced savings as a result of the ongoing "honest-to-goodness measures" to eliminate graft and corruption and instilling transparency and accountability.
Hataman identified the education and public works and highways departments as the most problematic agencies in the autonomous region with serious concerns on rampant graft corruption and mismanagement.
Hataman, in his report confirms irregularities in DepEd-ARMM involving ghost teachers, schools and students, which have been unearthed since his assumption to office, adding measures which are in place to address irregularities confronting the agency.
He said, he has directed DepEd-ARMM regional secretary Atty. Jamar Kulayan to intensify efforts to curb corruption adding that investigations are underway to identify and determine the extent of the involvement of school officials in the loan scam.
Hataman warned to take appropriate action including dismissal from service against superintendents and supervisors who will be proven to be in cahoots with the lending groups victimizing many teachers.
Salaries of teachers will now be delivered directly to the schools by competent personnel from the DepEd-ARMM together with representatives of civil society organizations to ensure that teachers receive their pay personally.
by: PIA-12 CoT/ZBST
- 21/04/2012 11:58 - Cebu Pacific pioneers direct Philippines-Cambodia route Launches thrice weekly Manila - Siem Reap flights
- 21/04/2012 11:58 - Celebrate the Language of Movement U.S. Embassy Manila Launches Sayaw! Dance Challenge
- 21/04/2012 11:57 - 2-day golf tourney kicks off today
- 21/04/2012 11:57 - Sun Cellular launches mobile landline plan in Cebu
- 20/04/2012 16:37 - Aquino government to come up with concrete mining policy soon
- 20/04/2012 16:36 - Zamboanga del Norte in full preparation for Hudyaka 2012
- 20/04/2012 16:36 - Aquino appoints new government officials
- 20/04/2012 16:35 - Nurturing summer of service 2012
- 20/04/2012 16:35 - Sun Cellular launches mobile landline plan in Cebu
- 20/04/2012 16:34 - President awards UZ student as champion in speech tilt