Tuesday, 24 April 2012 12:37
AGHAM Party-List Rep. Angelo B. Palmones commended the Philippine team who will represent the country for the first time in the FIRST Lego League (FLL) World Festival on April 25-28, 2012 at St. Louis, Missouri, USA. The FLL is a robotic competition which aims to find solutions to real world problems
The Philippine team, composed of high school students from Dr. Yanga’s Colleges Inc (DYCI) in Bulacan, has been named Blue Ocean 10 with the following members: Gladys Leigh Malana, Trisha Carmela Santos, Ramkert del Prado, Lady Alein Goleng, Keight dela Cruz, Dave Adrian Bien, Michelle Alcanar, Jules Martin Agsaoay, Jonathan Alejandro and Tim Jharmal Fabilion. The team’s coach is Mr. Beryl Cruz. The Philippine team left for the U.S last April 23, 2012.
Team DYCI Blue Ocean 10 invented an innovative solution that can address problem in food contamination, particularly meat. Named “MAGISv2” or Meat’s Anti-Germ and Infection Solution, the invention can check if meat is safe or unsafe for human consumption.
In February this year, the DCYI Blue Ocean 10 bested 15 other schools in the FIRST Lego League Philippines by winning three of the five major awards, namely Champion Award, Project Award and Core Values Award.
On the other hand, the FLL World Festival in St. Louis, Missouri this April will be joined by 35 countries and 40 states in the USA.
“Food safety is a worldwide concern. The invention of the Philippine team which can determine whether meat is safe or not for consumption is really useful and relevant in ensuring the health of the consumers. Let’s support them especially through our prayers,” Palmones said.
by: AGHAM/Vicky B. Bartilet
- 25/04/2012 12:21 - Luistro: Problems on textbooks, classrooms will be resolved before opening of 2012 classes in June
- 25/04/2012 12:20 - Another Maguindanao massacre suspect falls
- 25/04/2012 12:15 - Rotary club of Basilan receives awards
- 24/04/2012 12:39 - Iran says it's building copy of captured US drone
- 24/04/2012 12:39 - Labor groups unite to advance unions and workers' rights
- 23/04/2012 14:17 - Aquino orders preservation of all Philippine films and audio visuals
- 23/04/2012 14:17 - Metro Manila posts hottest temperature at 35.9 degrees Celsius
- 23/04/2012 14:16 - ‘Pregnant man’ Thomas Beatie splits from wife
- 23/04/2012 14:15 - Sun Cellular launches best-value BlackBerry package at only P600 a month
- 22/04/2012 00:00 - GPH, MILF to hold 27th exploratory talks in KL on April 23-27