Thursday, 26 April 2012 11:41
HA NOI — China must immediately cancel its nationwide plan for islands protection, strictly follow DOC, and take no more actions that may complicate the situation in the East Sea.
Spokesman of the Foreign Ministry Luong Thanh Nghi made the statement yesterday while answering reporters' questions on the China State Oceanic Administration's announcement on April 19 of the nationwide plan for island protection during 2011-20 with a vision to 2030. The plan divides the East Sea into seven sea areas, including Hoang Sa (Paracel) and Truong Sa (Spratly) archipelagos of Viet Nam.
"Viet Nam affirms its indisputable sovereignty over Hoang Sa and Truong Sa archipelagos, as well as the sovereignty and jurisdiction rights in the exclusive economic zone and the continental shelf under the regulations of the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea," the spokesman said.
"The Chinese State Oceanic Administration's announcement of the implementation of the nationwide plan on island protection seriously violates Viet Nam's sovereignty over the two archipelagos and its sovereignty and jurisdiction rights in the exclusive economic zone and continental shelf, violates the 1982 UN Convention on the Law of the Sea, and runs counter to the Declaration on the Conduct of Parties in the East Sea (DOC)," he said.
- 30/04/2012 14:54 - Aboitiz-Amore partnership brings solar power to small communities
- 30/04/2012 14:53 - U.S., PHL defense, foreign affairs officials to discuss alliance
- 30/04/2012 14:53 - DND says PHL committed to developing its 'maritime domain awareness capability'
- 30/04/2012 14:52 - Central Visayas retains title in 2012 PRISAA national games
- 30/04/2012 14:51 - Hot weather prevails over Luzon; LPA brings flashfloods, landslides in Mindanao - PAGASA
- 26/04/2012 11:40 - 33 disasters in the PHL in 2011, the highest worldwide - CRED
- 25/04/2012 12:23 - Honasan urges Corona to take the witness stand
- 25/04/2012 12:21 - Luistro: Problems on textbooks, classrooms will be resolved before opening of 2012 classes in June
- 25/04/2012 12:20 - Another Maguindanao massacre suspect falls
- 25/04/2012 12:15 - Rotary club of Basilan receives awards