Pacquiao faces more rigid sparring with Russians; Jessica Sanchez among those being considered to sing 'Lupang Hinirang'
Wednesday, 02 May 2012 14:27
BAGUIO CITY - Filipino ring icon Manny Pacquiao is set to face more rigid sparring sessions with Russian boxers later Tuesday, according to American coach Freddie Roach.
The multi-awarded coach said Pacquiao, who is now a more matured boxer after his Bible studies, is set to achieve a degree of preparation in this mountain resort prior to his training in the United States next week.
The eight division world title holder is set to defend his crown against undefeated American boxer Timothy Bradley in Las Vegas, Nevada on June 9.
During the last two days, Pacquiao had light workouts but sustained the stamina-building indoor exercises.
Meanwhile, it was learned from the Team Pacquiao through assistant trainer Buboy Fernandez that there is yet no designated singer to be invited to sing the Philippine national anthem "Lupang Hinirang" during the title fight.
However, it was mentioned that Filipina-Mexican singer Jessica Sanchez, who shot to the fame in the on-going American idol contest, has been considered to do the honors.
- 04/05/2012 13:10 - Aquino hopes to export high-grade rice next year; bares allotment to improve agriculture harvest
- 04/05/2012 13:10 - Aquino enumerates four strats to address unemployment
- 03/05/2012 16:52 - Young Zamboangeña bags 2nd Runner Up Trophy in Faldo Series
- 02/05/2012 14:28 - Blast kills soldier, 7 more wounded in Southern Philippine
- 02/05/2012 14:27 - Cops identified 2 suspects in Koronadal radioman slay
- 02/05/2012 14:23 - Get ready for a 'Sun-ny' summer with Sun cellular
- 02/05/2012 14:22 - Australian billionaire plans to build Titanic II
- 02/05/2012 14:19 - U.S., Philippines identify strategic objectives
- 30/04/2012 14:54 - Aboitiz-Amore partnership brings solar power to small communities
- 30/04/2012 14:53 - U.S., PHL defense, foreign affairs officials to discuss alliance