Wednesday, 02 May 2012 14:27
COTABATO CITY - Police have identified two suspects believed to be behind the killing Monday dawn of a driver and media worker in Koronadal City.
Rommel Palma of Bombo Radyo-Koronadal was shot dead by two men riding in tandem on a motorbike at about 5:15 a.m. at the car park of South Cotabato Provincial Hospital.
According to Koronadal City PNP, a witness has surfaced and provided police investigators with information that led to the identification of the suspects.
The witness whom police would not identify as of yet said he knew the gunmen and he saw how Palma was shot four times by one of the two suspects while the driver was still sitting in the driver's seat of Bombo Radyo mobile patrol.
Police Insp. Rey Igos, intelligence division chief of Koronadal City PNP, said Palma was subjected to surveillance by the suspects on April 22. Palma reportedly put the incident into police blotter.
Igos said two men harassed the Palma residence in Barangay Concepcion. In the police blotter, Palma identified the two men as Hagibis Cocus and Bobit Cabrido who boarded a motorbike without license plate.
On April 28, Saturday, Bombo Radyo reporters noticed two suspicious looking men on board a motorbike and parked in front of Bombo Radyo studio along Gen. Santos Drive, Koronadal City.
Palma, 31, and a bachelor has been working with Bombo Radyo for the past five years.
He was with Rey Legario, another Bombo Radyo reporter, who went to the provincial hospital to gather news at about 5 a.m. Legario alighted as Palma parked the mobile car and went straight to the hospital.
Minutes later he heard gunshots and saw two men speeding away on board a motorcycle. The hospital guard tried to stop the suspects by firing warning shots, but to no avail.
Scene of the Crime Operatives who conducted a post-mortem investigation said Palma sustained two gunshot wounds in the neck with the bullet exiting through his spinal column.
No arrests have been made so far.
- 04/05/2012 13:12 - Malacanang welcomes Washington-based organization’s report ranking Philippines highest in press freedom Southeast Asia
- 04/05/2012 13:10 - Aquino hopes to export high-grade rice next year; bares allotment to improve agriculture harvest
- 04/05/2012 13:10 - Aquino enumerates four strats to address unemployment
- 03/05/2012 16:52 - Young Zamboangeña bags 2nd Runner Up Trophy in Faldo Series
- 02/05/2012 14:28 - Blast kills soldier, 7 more wounded in Southern Philippine
- 02/05/2012 14:27 - Pacquiao faces more rigid sparring with Russians; Jessica Sanchez among those being considered to sing 'Lupang Hinirang'
- 02/05/2012 14:23 - Get ready for a 'Sun-ny' summer with Sun cellular
- 02/05/2012 14:22 - Australian billionaire plans to build Titanic II
- 02/05/2012 14:19 - U.S., Philippines identify strategic objectives
- 30/04/2012 14:54 - Aboitiz-Amore partnership brings solar power to small communities