Friday, 04 May 2012 13:10
President Benigno S. Aquino III laid down on May 1, Labor Day, the government’s battle plan to address unemployment, underemployment and other labor issues.
In his speech keynoting the 110th Labor Day Celebration in Malacañang on Tuesday, the President said this plan was brought about after the number of those without jobs ballooned to 2.9-million with one million new graduates more joining the labor force every year.
The four strategies, according to the President are: 1) to maintain the number of jobs currently available; 2) to create more jobs; 3) to improve the job skills and knowledge of Filipinos; and 4) to implement labor laws in order to protect the workers.
The President said this plan, which aims to ensure that no Filipino is left behind as the country marches towards progress, is the result of the close consultations and dialogues between labor, employer and government held last year.
“Ang nagdaang taon ay minarkahan ng masinsinan at produktibong diyalogo sa pagitan ng manggagawa at ng negosyante, na buong-katapatan naman pong pinag-uugnay ng inyong pamahalaan,” the President said.
“Ang mga solusyong inilatag natin ngayon ay galing sa aktibong pakikilahok ng mga sektor; patunay po ito na kaya nating maunawaan ang isa't isa,” he added.
The President thanked the Filipino people for their trust and confidence and assured them that his administration would continue to forge on to improve their lives.
“Ang hangarin ko po ay magpatuloy pa sana ang ating pag-uugnayan, kung saan nananaig ang katuwiran at pagdadamayan. Kung sabay-sabay po tayong sasagwan tungo sa iisang direksyon, tiyak na maaabot natin ang mga solusyong pangmatagalan,” the President said.
- 05/05/2012 11:54 - Palace renews commitment to protect media practitioners, ensures press freedom
- 04/05/2012 13:19 - BSP backs global unified credit ratings
- 04/05/2012 13:12 - Aquino declares the month of May of every year as electrical safety month
- 04/05/2012 13:12 - Malacanang welcomes Washington-based organization’s report ranking Philippines highest in press freedom Southeast Asia
- 04/05/2012 13:10 - Aquino hopes to export high-grade rice next year; bares allotment to improve agriculture harvest
- 03/05/2012 16:52 - Young Zamboangeña bags 2nd Runner Up Trophy in Faldo Series
- 02/05/2012 14:28 - Blast kills soldier, 7 more wounded in Southern Philippine
- 02/05/2012 14:27 - Cops identified 2 suspects in Koronadal radioman slay
- 02/05/2012 14:27 - Pacquiao faces more rigid sparring with Russians; Jessica Sanchez among those being considered to sing 'Lupang Hinirang'
- 02/05/2012 14:23 - Get ready for a 'Sun-ny' summer with Sun cellular