Friday, 11 May 2012 10:33
Two years after his failed bid for the presidency, Senator Manny Villar said on Thursday that his Nacionalista Party is open to all options, including possible alliance with other political parties, including the Liberal Party of President Benigno Aquino III.
Villar made his reaction to reports that the talks of coalition of the LP and the NP, headed by Villar, are in the works in an effort to come up with a common senatorial slate in the 2013 midterm elections.
”We agreed that we are ready to talk to all political parties, LP and others,” Villar told the media after the Senate inquiry on the implementation of Republic Act 9502 or the Cheaper Medicines Act and other pending bills.
Villar, however, clarified that the NP is also ready to go independent in 2013 with Villar’s wife, former Las Piñas Rep. Cynthia Villar and Senate minority leader Alan Peter Cayetano as its possible senatorial candidates.
”Anyway, it’s too early to reveal our final plan for elections. The NP is not in a hurry to come up with final decision,” Villar said.
Aside from LP, the United Nationalists Alliance (UNA) of Vice President Jejomar Binay’s Partido ng Demokratikong Pilipino-Lakas ng Bayan and former President Joseph Estrada’s Pwersa ng Masang Pilipino (PMP), is also eager to form alliance with NP.
Villar, who is serving his final term a senator, confirmed that his wife will run a senator in 2013 elections.
- 14/05/2012 11:56 - PHL’s 2012 economic prospects remain good, says BSP official
- 14/05/2012 11:56 - Forbes list says Hillary Clinton ‘world’s powerful Mom’
- 12/05/2012 11:51 - Lantawan youths gather for Inter-Faith Summer Fun inBasilan
- 12/05/2012 11:51 - Aquino government welcomes approval of House Bill seeking to rationalize excise taxes on alcohol, cigarette products
- 11/05/2012 10:34 - NCCA, WMSU Launches cultural icons exhibit
- 11/05/2012 10:32 - BDO submits new EIB rehab plan
- 10/05/2012 13:29 - J&E Basketball Promotions Battle of the Giants @ Golden Boys Gym
- 10/05/2012 13:25 - House prosecution says evidence vs CJ enough to convict him
- 10/05/2012 13:22 - Palace intervenes to avert pork, chicken holiday
- 10/05/2012 13:18 - Medvedev becomes Russia's new PM