Friday, 11 May 2012 10:34
National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) and Western Mindanao State University slated the launching of the exhibit on Cultural Icons (Sagisag Kultura) at the Executive Building lobby of the Western Mindanao State University (WMSU) on May 14.
Dubbed as Eksibit ng 160 Pambansang Sagisag Kultura para sa Batayang Edukasyong K-12, the identification of the cultural icons is significant as it will familiarize the public, most especially the students of the elements that represent the arts, culture, history, and environment of the country.
Dr. Mario I. Miclat, head of the NCCA’s National Committee on Language and Translation and dean of the University of the Philippines’ Asian Center and Dr. Virgilio S. Almario, National Artist for Literature are expected to grace the event.
WMSU President-Dr. Milabel Enriquez-Ho and Zamboanga City Mayor Celso L. Lobregat, together with Dr. Miclat and Dr. Almario will head the opening of the exhibit.
The showcasing of the cultural icons is until May 17 and is open to the public.
by: EKEENA O. LIM, WMSU-PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE
- 14/05/2012 11:57 - Malacanang calls on Filipinos to keep surroundings clean to prevent spread of dengue
- 14/05/2012 11:56 - PHL’s 2012 economic prospects remain good, says BSP official
- 14/05/2012 11:56 - Forbes list says Hillary Clinton ‘world’s powerful Mom’
- 12/05/2012 11:51 - Lantawan youths gather for Inter-Faith Summer Fun inBasilan
- 12/05/2012 11:51 - Aquino government welcomes approval of House Bill seeking to rationalize excise taxes on alcohol, cigarette products
- 11/05/2012 10:33 - NP open to possible alliance with LP, other groups – Villar
- 11/05/2012 10:32 - BDO submits new EIB rehab plan
- 10/05/2012 13:29 - J&E Basketball Promotions Battle of the Giants @ Golden Boys Gym
- 10/05/2012 13:25 - House prosecution says evidence vs CJ enough to convict him
- 10/05/2012 13:22 - Palace intervenes to avert pork, chicken holiday