Monday, 14 May 2012 11:57
Malacañang called on all Filipinos anew to do their share in preventing the spread of the dreaded dengue virus by keeping their surroundings clean and free from stagnant water, a known breeding source of mosquitoes that carry the virus.
In a press briefing aired over government-run radio dzRB Radyo ng Bayan on Sunday, Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said Filipinos should be responsible enough to clean their surroundings all year-round.
She said the spread of the dengue virus is not confined only during the rainy season but also during the hot summer months.
“Kahit mainit ang panahon na nararamdaman natin ngayon, dapat patuloy ang ating paghahanda para maiwasan ang dengue. Sana ipatupad pa rin natin ang ating paglilinis sa ating kapiligiran dahil nagsisimula naman sa atin yan,” Valte said.
She added that the Department of Health is in the thick of coordinating its anti-dengue campaign with local health units, specifically in Zamboanga City, where an outbreak has recently been reported.
“Nakikipagtulungan na po ang ating Department of Health doon sa local health units diyan para naman po maapula ang pagkalat ng sinasabi nga po nilang dengue outbreak,” Valte said.
“Hindi lang po kasi ‘pag tag-ulan nagiging delikado tayo sa dengue. Kahit tag-araw, kahit medyo tag-init ay kailangan tuloy-tuloy ang ating paghahanda at siguraduhing ang ating kapaligiran ay hindi pagbabahayan ng mga dengue-carrying mosquitoes,” she added.
- 15/05/2012 11:35 - Sky Cable acquires Destiny Cable
- 15/05/2012 11:35 - DA Secretary Alcala to stay up to 2016 -- President Aquino
- 15/05/2012 11:35 - Stocks, peso down on eurozone worries
- 14/05/2012 11:58 - 6th Bright Leaf Agri Journalism Awards extends to Zambo City
- 14/05/2012 11:57 - 'Dead' Australian leaves hospital
- 14/05/2012 11:56 - PHL’s 2012 economic prospects remain good, says BSP official
- 14/05/2012 11:56 - Forbes list says Hillary Clinton ‘world’s powerful Mom’
- 12/05/2012 11:51 - Lantawan youths gather for Inter-Faith Summer Fun inBasilan
- 12/05/2012 11:51 - Aquino government welcomes approval of House Bill seeking to rationalize excise taxes on alcohol, cigarette products
- 11/05/2012 10:34 - NCCA, WMSU Launches cultural icons exhibit