Monday, 14 May 2012 11:58
Bright Leaf Awards formally invited local tri-media personalities in the city to participate in the 6th Bright Leaf Agriculture Journalism contest in a press briefing this morning.
The contest’s aim is to search for the best write up, television program or segment, radio program, and photos focusing on the current agricultural issues and best farming practices on environmental care, safety, and crop sustainability.
COZOZ Incorporated’s Mr. David Isaac Buenaventura, Bright Leaf Agriculture Secretariat Project Manager, said the activity also aims to build awareness and support in agriculture thru information coming from the media.
Launched in 2007, Buenaventura said they came here in the city to encourage more participation from Mindanao media men.
“Knowing that your region, and the whole of Mindanao as an agricultural area, we are encouraging more media practitioners to participate in our activity. Usually, much of our entries came from Luzon. However, our last year’s winner came from Cagayan De Oro City”, Buenaventura said.
The categories for Bright Leaf Awards include Agriculture Story of the Year, Tobacco Story of the Year, Best Television Program or Segment, Best Radio Program or Segment, Agriculture Photo of the Year, Tobacco Photo of the Year, Best Regional News story, Best National News Story, Best Regional Feature News Story, Best National Feature Story, and a special Oriental Leaf Awards, a category synonymous to a grand slam award. This award will be given to those who won for three (3) consecutive years.
The Bright Leaf Agriculture Journalism Award is organized by Philip Morris Philippines as part of its corporate social responsibility, in partnership with COZOZ, Inc.
Submission of entries will start on May 21 until August 31, 2012. Participants can submit their entries to Bright Leaf Secretariat, c/o COZOZ Inc., 1102 P. Ocampo corner Conchu Streets, Malate, Manila. They can also be reached thru telephone numbers (02) 522-8782 or 525-2525. Interested individuals can also visit them at their website at www.thebrightleafawards.com for more details, although this website will be officially launched on May 21st.
Big prizes await the winners of the said contest from cash prizes, with international agricultural travels, to gadgets like iPad.
- 15/05/2012 11:36 - Malacanang calls on Filipinos to keep surroundings clean to prevent spread of dengue
- 15/05/2012 11:36 - PAMANA steps up dev’t in MNLF communities
- 15/05/2012 11:35 - Sky Cable acquires Destiny Cable
- 15/05/2012 11:35 - DA Secretary Alcala to stay up to 2016 -- President Aquino
- 15/05/2012 11:35 - Stocks, peso down on eurozone worries
- 14/05/2012 11:57 - 'Dead' Australian leaves hospital
- 14/05/2012 11:57 - Malacanang calls on Filipinos to keep surroundings clean to prevent spread of dengue
- 14/05/2012 11:56 - PHL’s 2012 economic prospects remain good, says BSP official
- 14/05/2012 11:56 - Forbes list says Hillary Clinton ‘world’s powerful Mom’
- 12/05/2012 11:51 - Lantawan youths gather for Inter-Faith Summer Fun inBasilan