Tuesday, 15 May 2012 11:36
The government’s PAMANA or Payapa at Masaganang Pamayanan (Peaceful and Resilient Communities) program has been stepping up development in Moro National Liberation Front (MNLF) communities through community-driven projects.
PAMANA is the government's framework and program for peace and development for areas affected by armed conflict and communities covered by existing peace pacts. It aims to reduce poverty, improve governance and empower communities.
Recently, three groundbreaking ceremonies were held in Barangays Pagalongan, Ditsaan Ramain and Pindogoan, Bubong in Lanao del Sur for the building of a water system and a multipurpose center, which also represent 16 other projects in the province; and Brgy. Makiang, Siocon in Zamboanga del Norte for the construction of a Farmers Convention Center and improvement of water supply.
Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP) Director Susan Marcaida and Atty. Aminoden Mcalandap, who represented Lanao del Sur Governor Mamintal Adiong, Jr., attended the groundbreaking rites in Marawi, while Siocon Mayor Ceasar Soriano led the ceremony with OPAPP Project Development Officer Jal Umngan in Zamboanga del Norte.
Also present were MNLF commanders, and representatives of the Peace and Development Advocates League, Armed Forces of the Philippines, Philippine National Police, and Bangsamoro Women Foundation for Peace and Development, Inc.
“What we need here are partnership and relationship. We MNLF should coordinate with the mayor and the barangay captain here in Makiang (Zamboanga del Norte). Our purpose is to achieve peace and development for the benefit of our people,” MNLF Commander Lucky encouraged his comrades.
“We want to emphasize the importance of PAMANA’s multi-stakeholder process – the government, security sector, MNLF, third-party monitors, and communities working together in the operation and maintenance of the projects,” Marcaida said.
Know more about the government's framework and program for peace and development. Visit PAMANA.net.
- 16/05/2012 13:21 - ITCZ brings rains in Mindanao -– PAGASA
- 16/05/2012 13:18 - Study on whether to privatize Agus-Pulangui or not is ongoing -- President Aquino
- 15/05/2012 14:40 - “Zamboanga Business Leaders take a LEAP into Business Version 2.0"
- 15/05/2012 11:37 - Chartered flights from China affected by suspension of tour packages to the PHL
- 15/05/2012 11:36 - Malacanang calls on Filipinos to keep surroundings clean to prevent spread of dengue
- 15/05/2012 11:35 - Sky Cable acquires Destiny Cable
- 15/05/2012 11:35 - DA Secretary Alcala to stay up to 2016 -- President Aquino
- 15/05/2012 11:35 - Stocks, peso down on eurozone worries
- 14/05/2012 11:58 - 6th Bright Leaf Agri Journalism Awards extends to Zambo City
- 14/05/2012 11:57 - 'Dead' Australian leaves hospital