Thursday, 17 May 2012 11:42
Nonong Jalosjos used to be the kingmaker of Zamboanga del Norte and Zamboanga Sibugay provinces in previous elections.
In 2013 political exercise his brother will be running for Governor of Zamboanga del Norte and another brother for Governor of Zamboanga del Sur and another kin for Congress of the 2nd District of said province.
Another kin is reportedly running for Mayor of Dipolog City. A daughter is also the Mayor of Baliangao, Misamis Occidental. The people of Zamboanga del Sur were urging the Jalosjoses to serve the province in the same manner that 180,000 signatories urged Nonong to run for Mayor in Zamboanga City in 2013 election.
Nonong will be facing several political battles as kingmaker and he himself as a candidate.
Given the above scenario, never in the history of Philippine politics that a family has such a huge political responsibility expanded in different cities and provinces due to the demand of the people.
Nonong's political entry into his birthplace to run for Mayor in the City of Zamboanga should be given serious evalution by his opponents because he himself being a kingmaker.
Nonong mean business when he declared that he is running for Mayor in 2013 election due to the clamor of the people and because his credibility as a kingmaker is at stake therefore he has to campaign hard.
By: Rex Miravite
- 20/05/2012 00:00 - Celebrating God’s Love for Silsilah and Fr. Sebastiano D’Ambra, PIME
- 20/05/2012 00:00 - “May God take care of you”
- 18/05/2012 11:05 - EcoWaste discovers high levels of lead, cadmium in children’s rainwear
- 18/05/2012 11:04 - Davao: Taking it easy in the South
- 18/05/2012 11:03 - RP to export anti-diabetes sweetener
- 17/05/2012 11:42 - New Game in Town
- 17/05/2012 11:41 - Quo vadis, Corona?
- 17/05/2012 11:41 - Saving hard-earned OFW income for investments
- 16/05/2012 13:11 - 10 ways to disguise a hangover at work
- 16/05/2012 13:11 - DepEd strengthens kindergarten education