Monday, 04 June 2012 12:45
Have you stopped wearing open-toed shoes because you are ashamed of your dry, cracking skin? Are your feet feeling abused and worn from the everyday hustle and bustle, which usually involves heels for work and being on your feet all day?
After a long hard week, all you really want to do is give your feet a break and walk around in flip-flops or a nice pair of flats or sandals. But, but how can you, when your feet look so battered?
Thankfully, there are simple ways you can improve the condition of your feet—all in the comfort of your own home!
1. Dead skin problems? Soak your feet in warm water for about 15 minutes to soften. Scrub with a pumice stone to remove and bring out new, healthy skin underneath. You can also use foot scrubs available in the market for a nice, minty scent.
2. Want to avoid ingrown nails? Ingrown nails are not only off-putting, but also can get really infected and hurt a lot. To prevent from getting them, cut your toenails straight across. Leave the shaping to the pros when you go for your monthly mani-pedi and cleaning.
3. Dry, brittle nails? Use nail creams or oils to help restore them to their healthy state.
4. Are your feel smelly? Eww! Foot deodorant powders or sprays are readily available in any drugstore or supermarket. Essential oils such as peppermint and eucalyptus really help combat odor.
5. High heels getting you down? Who doesn’t look good in killer heels? But sometimes, too much of a good thing can be bad. Heels put the pressure on the balls of your feet which can really strain them. And ballet flats can also hurt your feet—the near equivalent to walking barefoot on concrete! Give your feet a break once in awhile and wear shoes with the right amount of support and comfort.
6. Shoes too tight? Tight shoes can lead to corns and calluses so make sure you get the right size! Shoe sizes differ according to country, so the best way to make sure they fit is to try them on. Ordering your footwear online may be tempting, but it’s hard to know if the pair that’s shipped to you has a really good fit if you don’t get the chance to try them on.
7. Wanna give your feel some love? Treat yourself to a foot massage every couple of weeks. After all the time you spend on your feet, they deserve to be pampered!
- 07/06/2012 13:53 - Five qualities that women look for in men
- 05/06/2012 12:39 - Congrats to Comelec for swift Negros polls
- 05/06/2012 12:38 - K-To-12 kicks off
- 05/06/2012 12:37 - Zamboanga Port on a Wind of Change
- 04/06/2012 12:50 - 'Fear and love of God’: next CJ’s traits
- 04/06/2012 12:44 - Kidney failure in the country
- 04/06/2012 12:42 - The Time of Transparency
- 02/06/2012 11:05 - Persecution vs. Christian schools?
- 02/06/2012 11:05 - Things men wish women knew...
- 02/06/2012 11:04 - Successful impeachment trial seen to upgrade PHL credit rating