Friday, 22 June 2012 11:06
Think boss, and the first word that’s bound to come to your mind is devil.
There are very few lucky people who are blessed with a nice, competent, understanding boss. The rest of the ordinary population is stuck with a temperamental, douche, annoying boss. If your boss belongs to the latter category then you have two options: either you switch jobs or learn how to deal with your evil boss. We cannot help you with the former, but we sure have tips pertaining to the latter. Read on to know more.
1. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
Your evil boss might get aggressive, abusive and bitchy from time to time. You surely will be tempted to do the same but you have got to resist this urge and conduct yourself in a dignified manner. The tit for tat approach will surely back fire at work. Instead, if you behave well you might end up impressing colleagues and your boss’ boss (if he happens to be around) and this will help your career in the long run.
2. Keep record of your work
Always maintain a detailed and extensive report about the work you have done. Knowing what you have done, on whose orders and with which colleague you worked will help you when your boss is in one of her/his evil moods.
3. Keep a journal
Maintain a journal of your boss’ erratic behaviour. This information will come handy when things get out of hand and you need to report your boss. Keep the journal safely hidden and make sure you have proper evidence and straight facts for each of the events you record.
4. Try reasoning out
Just because he/she is your boss does not mean you have to take everything that comes your way. Once in a while, put your foot down and make it clear to him/her that you will not tolerate bad behaviour. Try reasoning out and suggest how this erratic behaviour is affecting your work.
Don’t let your evil boss get to you. Look at your work beyond your boss’ behaviour and judge things in a calm, rational manner. Try and take the best out of the situation you are in.
by: Work Life, MensXP.com
- 23/06/2012 18:54 - LP Senate bets running to lose?
- 23/06/2012 18:54 - A sustainable life of dignity, Rio+20
- 23/06/2012 18:53 - What to do when you meet her dad for the first time
- 22/06/2012 11:07 - Are we losing the Karburo War?
- 22/06/2012 11:07 - JBC violating Constitution?
- 22/06/2012 11:05 - Diet of champions: What an Olympian eats
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - Sibugsay sa Sibugay Festival
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - Political party system needs overhaul
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - Obesity factor: Scientists calculate the weight of the world
- 21/06/2012 00:00 - Reasons why women cheat