Wednesday, 15 August 2012 13:41
The Golden Crescent Consortium of Peace Builders and Affiliates (GCCPBA) marked its 1st Year Anniversary last August 7, 2012 through a week-long celebration in the Holy Month of Ramadan. It is the leading Muslim Convener Group of the Interreligious Solidarity Movement for Peace.
Headed by its Founder, Prof. Ali T. Yacub, AL-Hj, the consortium members had been very involved in various activities serving as a special research group of muslim professionals, religious leaders, academician, government offices heads and from the private sector.
The week-long celebration started in a special gathering of School Administrators as the consortium seeks to have a Special Memorandum of Understanding with the Department of Education in its laudable project of recognizing students’ leaders in the Secondary Level with the Golden Crescent Achievement Awards.
During the said gathering, Prof. Ali T. Yacub, AL-Hj, President signed the memorandum of Agreement entered into by the members of the IRSMP to include him, Fr. Angel C. Calvo, CMF, Hji. Abdu Rahim K. Kenoh, Sr. Emma I. Delgado and Mr. Aldrin B. Abdurahim along with DepEd- OIC Schools ‘ Division Superintendednt mr. Pedro Melchor M. Natividad CSEE and Dr. Maybelle B. Tee- Education Specialist 1, Peace Education Division Coordinator.
In the said MOA, it provides the GCCPBA through PAZ and IRSMP its recognition to spearhead the conduct of the annual Search for the Golden Crescent Achievement Awards being institutionalized now to all Secondary Schools in Zamboanga City, respectively.
The GCCPBA marks it as another achievement of the organizations works as it seeks to build bridges of peace in the various communities. Moreover, the MOA symbolizes not just partnership agreement but an indicator of the success campaign of the organization to the culture of peace.
The Consortium ended the week celebration through the symbolic Grand Pagbukah or IFTAR: Breaking of the Fast ceremony at Kalambuan Housing project, Maasin, Zamboanag City last August 12, 2012. The IFTAR had been one of the highlights of the SOLIDARITY in strengthening the relationships of people for peace. Aldrin Bucoy-Abdurahim
- 25/08/2012 11:44 - Eid: A Day of Remembrance, Hijab and Niqab
- 16/08/2012 14:36 - Mayor has all the powers over local police
- 15/08/2012 13:46 - Caveat: all is not lost yet for De Lima?
- 15/08/2012 13:44 - Consuming flavanol-rich cocoa may enhance brain function, study shows
- 15/08/2012 13:42 - Knowledge not teeth to formulate peace and order plan
- 14/08/2012 13:39 - PNoy must order Bible studies and prayers
- 13/08/2012 13:39 - Who is afraid of Kato?
- 11/08/2012 00:00 - Wanted: rains and floods czar for RP
- 11/08/2012 00:00 - 12 Tips for Time Management
- 11/08/2012 00:00 - From Zamboanga with love