Thursday, 16 August 2012 14:36
Talking of total return of the police to local chief executives is a story of the past that must be buried in oblivion.
We cannot afford to slide back to an immemorial time when we are now in the advance stage of information technology.
Again, making alibis and excuses are never the solutions to peace and order problem in Zamboanga City.
The mayor has vast powers in employing and deploying the local police where he has that administrative, operational and general supervisory authority over the local PNP units.
The local legislative body must formulate a “long range peace and order plan” different from other cities as a guide for the law enforcers to follow in their day to day crime prevention activity.
The plan can be the basis of the mayor to see to it that it is implemented by the local law enforcers with consistency.
All local chief executives are invoking RA 6975 or PNP Law in the control over local PNP units.
The mayors of Davao City and Puerto Princesa City are using the same law in attaining peace and tranquillity in their cities.
The same thing could be done in Zamboanga City with appropriate peace and order plan as the bible of the local police in restoring normalcy in the city.
By: Rex Miravite
- 01/09/2012 00:00 - Pacquiao: True way to success and prosperity
- 01/09/2012 00:00 - What’s there that it’s all up to you alone?
- 01/09/2012 00:00 - Zamboanga City has become negotiation center for kidnappers?
- 25/08/2012 11:47 - Atty. Leny Robredo as next DILG chief
- 25/08/2012 11:44 - Eid: A Day of Remembrance, Hijab and Niqab
- 15/08/2012 13:46 - Caveat: all is not lost yet for De Lima?
- 15/08/2012 13:44 - Consuming flavanol-rich cocoa may enhance brain function, study shows
- 15/08/2012 13:42 - Knowledge not teeth to formulate peace and order plan
- 15/08/2012 13:41 - Golden Crescent Consortium marks 1st Year Anniversary
- 14/08/2012 13:39 - PNoy must order Bible studies and prayers