Friday, 14 September 2012 00:00
Public officials are mandated to inform the community what their offices are doing because the people are not only entitled to know but they have the right to know what government agencies are doing for them.
And this information can only be relayed to the people thru the media either by radio, TV, or newspaper since public officials cannot tell people one by one.
To prevent controversial information or confusion agencies must have its press relations officer to give information to the media for release to the public.
There are government offices that up to now their existence is unknown to most people because they shy away from media.
Public servants must make themselves available to the media for interviews or they should initiate calling the media to release significant information to the public instead of trying to hide from the media.
By Rex Miravite
- 24/09/2012 13:46 - “People were thankful for martial law”
- 24/09/2012 13:43 - Remembering Martial Law
- 18/09/2012 13:14 - Miriam’s tantrums, Malacanang favors
- 13/09/2012 17:44 - If Puno probe is illegal, why proceed with it?
- 14/09/2012 00:00 - Bangkok's condom resto
- 13/09/2012 13:15 - The many projects of CLL, the secret traditions (Folks Islam) of the Muslims in the South, Zamboanga hymn soon
- 13/09/2012 13:15 - Is MILF shielding BIFF?
- 13/09/2012 13:01 - I am proud to be a teacher: ‘A profession that teaches other profession’
- 08/09/2012 13:02 - RP ups rating in making Pinoys richer
- 08/09/2012 13:00 - More 'JESSes' badly needed!