Monday, 01 October 2012 16:12
“And (remember) when we made the House (The Ka’abah at Mecca) a place of resort for mankind and a place of safety. And take your (people) the “Maqam” (place) of Abraham (or the stone) on which Abraham stood while he was building the Ka’abah as a place of prayer…and we commanded Abraham and Ismail (Ismael) that they should purify my House (The Ka’abah) for those who are circumambulating it, staying or bowing or prostrating themselves (there, in prayer”
- Holy Qur’an, Al-Baqarah, 2: 125
“The secret of religion is love, this is fundamental truth. Religion is Divine Law (Rights). The secret of Law is conscience. And, in a nested fashion, the secret of conscience is love.”
- Henry Bayman, The Secret of Islam (2003)
The month of Hajj starts on October 17, 2012 (Dhul-Hajj 1433, A.H.) and the season of Hajj unfolds throughout the “Hajj is a political and religious responsibility of all Muslims. Allah (S.W.T.) has ordered all Muslims who have financial means and are in good health to perform the Hajj rituals once in their life.”
- The Editor, Mahjuhah, the Islamic Magazine for women, vol. 14, no. 3 (130) March 1995, Dhul-Hajj 1415
The benefits of the Hajj for those who perform the rituals in Mecca are as follows:
1. Time in this Holy Month of Dhul-Hijjal to reflect, know themselves and forget about material matters and worries.
2. Hajj pilgrims focus solely to Allah (God) and seek nearness to Him, shun evil, and spend their time with other worshippers of Allah.
3. The Hajj ceremonies remind man that with Allah Man is everything and without Him Man is nothing.
4. Hajj is a migration from the self. The world is forgotten and only spiritual matters are consequence.
5. The Hajj rituals, from circumambulation to praying are all performed in groups. Thus a sincere, wonderful connection is made between the members of the group and selfish thoughts disappear. This reminds Muslims that harmony (with all creation) must exist in the lives of Muslims. Muslims from all over the world come to Mecca to make a whole. This unity removes all distinctions, such as wealth, beauty, social standing, etc. only piety counts, and one who us pious (God conscious) and virtues would never feel superior to others.
6. Hajj is the annual gathering of Muslims that gives them the opportunity to discuss and solve problems among other Muslims and to show a united stance against their common enemies (poverty, ignorance, violence, climate change, violation of human rights, extremism, terrorism, etc.)
7. Hajj is to recall the Prophet’s life, his devotion to Allah (S.W.T.), how he suffered for the causes of Islam.
8. The greatness and glory of Islam are manifest in the Hajj rituals…and, be reminded of the Quranic injunction: “…and whoever respects the signs of Allah this surely is the “outcome” of the piety of Hearts”
- Holy Qur’an, 22:32
My Salam and congratulations to the Pilar College Administration with the help of the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos after a dialogue has come to a conclusion to “lift the ban on Hijab” come next school year, June 2013.
My congratulation to Sr. Maria Fe C. Gerodios, RVM, Sr. Maria Niña C. Balbos, RVM of Pilar College and Sec. Methol K. Sadain-NCMF for a job well done.
We join the Senior Citizens of the city, the region and the whole country in the observance of the Elderly Week from October 1 to 7, 2012.
To sum up, here’s a message from a Muslim Magazine which states: “According to Islam, senior citizens leave certain well-defined rights over society, the awareness and application of which can clearly indicate the levels of well being and progress of the society.”
- Editorial, Mahjubah Magazine (The Islamic Family Magazine) July 2002
And finally, Imam As-Sadiq (A.S) said: “For those who undermine the elderly, Allah deputes someone to undermine them before their death.”
PROF. ALI T. YACUB, AL-HJ
- 23/10/2012 14:02 - DON’T DISPARAGE NUR MISUARI!
- 23/10/2012 14:01 - Filipino sainthood during Aquino presidencies
- 23/10/2012 13:58 - Camins-Conti and her Passion in Music
- 02/10/2012 15:06 - Fiefdoms and the conflict within
- 02/10/2012 15:03 - Universal Mother
- 01/10/2012 16:11 - Lives are filled with happiness when hearts are filled with love
- 27/09/2012 15:25 - Makati City demolition illegal
- 27/09/2012 15:16 - Mayor turned down proposal for crime prevention plan
- 25/09/2012 14:37 - Kimberly Marie Lopez, Youth Solidarity for Peace
- 25/09/2012 14:29 - Tingting relents, to run for senator in 2013