Friday, 26 October 2012 00:00
While the world is focused on energy crisis and oil.
Water the most precious resource vital to life and economic prosperity must be given a complete focus as to its conservation and prudent utilization.
Water is predicted to be the next scarce resource, countries will go to war and fight over.
Water is fast becoming our most precious but most wasted resource, widespread misuse, water pollution and overpopulation are some of the urgent issues that calls for immediate attention. The increasing pressure of climate change , massive population growth, urbanization,pollution put pressure on our finite resource.
A different sectoral responsibilities and interest on a pro active water management and conservation is paramount in this engagement.
A genuine participation especially from the business sector with a clear perspective in managing and sustaining the water scarcity issue and sustaining this finite resource for the future generation is in order.
A genuine representative from the business sector underscore why better water resource management is important for economic development of the city.
Proactive and sustainable management of Zamboanga City water resources and proper utilization of its limited resources in investing in water conservation is crucial. Water security is in peril, poverty reduction and economic growth will not be sustainable.
Water development and management must be based on a genuine multi stakeholders engagement, their involvement as users,planners and policy makers at all levels are encouraged for a more transparent, accountable and genuine participative policy decision making that will redound for the greater good most especially the water consumers of Zamboanga City.
By Gary B. Paloma, ZCCIFI Executive Director
- 10/11/2012 00:00 - La Chica Viajera by Frencie Carreon
- 06/11/2012 15:21 - Learning English matters...
- 27/10/2012 12:46 - EVM at 57: further INC expansions worldwide
- 27/10/2012 12:45 - Early campaigning
- 27/10/2012 12:44 - Time to bury the hatchets
- 26/10/2012 00:00 - Thank heavens, peace is at hand!
- 25/10/2012 14:28 - The President in the Land Down Under
- 25/10/2012 14:26 - A Reflection on the Hajj; Framework Agreement: Treaty of Hudeibiya, A Reminder; Peace At Hand Through Abraham (The Patriarch and Prophet) The Seed of Hope
- 25/10/2012 14:25 - Speech of Atty. Rosabella Lorena-Broce
- 25/10/2012 14:22 - Thoughts to ponder on educational planning