Tuesday, 08 January 2013 13:31
Information dissemination and consultation over the Framework Agreement on the proposed Bangsamoro land continue to generate interest among stakeholders in the erstwhile conflict areas in Central Mindanao and the island provinces of Basilan and Sulu. But the enthusiasm is not only confined in these erstwhile unstable regions the neighboring regions have shown positive reaction on the prospects of finally settling the decades-old problem that beset the vastly Muslim-occupied region in the country.
Regional Peace and Order Region XI Chairman Rodolfo del Rosario who is also governor of Davao del Norte expressed satisfaction over the presentation made by the government and the MILF panels on the nitty-gritties of the Framework Agreement. The governor suggests that there ought to be more in-depth information and presentations to be made down to the barangay level especially in places where tensions still exist. He said that uncertainties over what the FA will bring are being addressed in no uncertain terms by the presentation.
The road to peace is long and winding but much of the obstacles to finally reach the goal had been removed. There will be attempts to ambush the peace weavers along the way but with the overwhelming support that the FA is getting not only among the negotiators but also from the general public and other stakeholders, such exercise to derail the peace efforts will surely be met with condemnation.
Presently the climate of peace has prevailed in the region where armed clashes displaced Muslims, Christians and Lumads alike. The road networks are open to commuters again. Commerce and trade have come alive. Farmers have returned to their farms and tilled the lands once soaked in blood of protagonists. Soon they will start to harvest the fruits of peace.
- 10/01/2013 13:39 - NBI probe: what is its real purpose?
- 10/01/2013 13:37 - Law enforcement agencies lack coordination on helmet law
- 09/01/2013 13:43 - Policemen & military men as jueteng lords?
- 09/01/2013 13:39 - The unit is as good only as the commander
- 08/01/2013 13:32 - Is it Beng or Erbie this May?
- 07/01/2013 13:36 - Elections and Accountability
- 10/12/2012 14:14 - The wrath and fury of ‘Pablo’
- 08/12/2012 12:21 - Highlighting Great Efforts of Mindanao Peace Weavers on the Peace Process
- 29/11/2012 14:19 - FRESH CELL TREATMENT AT VILLA MEDICA (A Special Report – Day 2)
- 28/11/2012 00:00 - Morality and the 2013 Elections