Thursday, 18 April 2013 00:00
So near and yet so far…The peace accord between the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) and the government is within grasp and yet it is so fraught with great as the possibility the negotiation winding up.
Truce will be a new beginning of sustainable development of the Bangsamoro land and the start of interfaith dialogue and cooperation. In tandem the multi-nation aid for various rehabilitation and development program will no longer come in trickles for the donor countries will see a more definitive program that can be supervised to fruition. The absence of conflict or threats that will disturb peace is a condition that will ensure the progress of Mindanao.
On the other hand, if by quirk of fate negotiation will again retreat to the conflict mode, we do not think that the chances for conciliation of issues will go through an easy path that when it started. We hate to speculate on the consequence. But surely this will usher in a specter of doom in the conflict areas and uncertainty in most parts of Mindanao. What remains to be certain is that the donor countries which had been giving rehabilitation aid will ultimately abandon a region that simply refuses the prospects of peace.
Unfortunately the losers and the victims will be the overwhelming majority to have gotten tired of wars and meaningless opportunity for wider autonomous territories and other demands.
Now they have set a new deadline for the final peace agreement to be signed. Another year of waiting. After all the talks and suspension of talks we cannot find any more rational reasons to put on hold the signing of an enduring peace accord. Peace is what everybody yearns for and that should reign supreme in the minds of the MILF and government peace negotiators.
By Menardo Wenceslao
- 24/04/2013 15:21 - Six key instructional dimension and best practices in successful multi-grade teaching
- 20/04/2013 13:39 - Inanities, rather than substance, in Comelec
- 20/04/2013 13:38 - Empowered youth: Rabia Salapuddin
- 20/04/2013 13:33 - The more intimate we become with God the more we are able to trust Him
- 18/04/2013 00:00 - SC urged to postpone party list polls
- 18/04/2013 00:00 - A Reminder and a Prayer for the Candidates
- 16/04/2013 00:00 - WHY PEACE TALKS STALLED
- 16/04/2013 00:00 - Can Pagadian City have an OIC-mayor?
- 15/04/2013 15:39 - Postpone party list polls to October 2013
- 15/04/2013 15:38 - Want Some Healthy Tips for Good Study Habits? Well, you should read this