Sunday, 28 April 2013 00:00
Comele Chair Drama?
The recent caper of COMELEC CHAIR BRILLANTES reminds me of that favorite medieval scenario: slaying one’s own self-invented IMAGINARY DRAGON to show how brave and heroic one is.
Out of the blue, Chairman Brillantes said he was fed up, tired and wanted to retire. He kept the nation on edge by making his thoughts known. Sorry to say but it was the height of irresponsibility for him to even announce it on the verge of elections, although he was perfectly entitled to feel that way.
Now, he says he is NOT retiring after all because he wants to continue helping the country. Now, he announces his much-awaited decision to stay, as if the nation now owes him a big favor. "Kunting tampo lang," he explained. Playing games, eh?
And lo and behold, his first announcement after his "return” is that DOMINION company will NOT make available the SOURCE CODE of the PCOS machine, a vital element for us to check and verify on the integrity of the electronic election machines..
What drama! I hope this tactic was not intentionally intended to downplay and overshadow the more disturbing --and explosive-- source code issue. HOCUS PCOS, anyone?
VIOLENCE -- Too much violence happening all around us now that elections are nearing. It is tragic that a democratic exercise has to go through very undemocratic and bloody process.
I had been in public office myself for sometime. Some friends asked me: what is in it that prompts people to kill, cheat and do violence just to be in office?
Is it power, money, greed, honor, ego, etc etc? Or ALL OF THE ABOVE?
All of us can have our own answers. The fact is: we are in deep shit simply because those killings and anomalies remain unsolved. And those responsible are still merrily laughing their way to public office -- with impunity.
LADY OF MANAOAG --A fluvial profession at Punta Dumalag in Matina Aplaya, Davao City in honor of OUR LADY OF MANAOAG was held last weekend with the devotees praying the Holy Rosary on board bancas cruising and circling the bay. This has been an annual event for years now since 1987 . "VIVA MARIA!"
DIVINE MERCY IN THE MOUNTAINS - A modest chapel for the Divine Mercy devotees is also slowly taking shape on a separate hill on the way to the waterfalls area at the Seagull Mountain Resort. When finished, it will be open to the public.
"I TRUST IN YOU".
- 30/04/2013 14:53 - Politicians keeping many Filipinos poor
- 30/04/2013 14:52 - Abu Sayyaf, a monstrous murderers and kidnappers
- 30/04/2013 14:51 - Wake up! As Beng Climaco says, “Vaya Con Dios”
- 29/04/2013 00:00 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS By Atty. Batas Mauricio
- 29/04/2013 00:00 - VIABLE OPTION By: Bro. Paeng Santos
- 27/04/2013 13:12 - Jury system to fight smuggling?
- 27/04/2013 13:11 - Vaya con Dios means “Go with God” and “Trust in the Lord”
- 25/04/2013 13:18 - KAKAMPI MO ANG BATAS
- 25/04/2013 13:16 - NEWS FEATURE: Disturbing events
- 23/04/2013 00:00 - ADVOCACY MINDANOW By Jess G. Dureza