Tuesday, 23 July 2013 13:44
There are 11 police stations under Zamboanga City police office from east to west including Sacol police station.
Under the present set-up the maintenance of peace and order in the commercial center or heart of the city is directly under the responsibility of the City Police Director.
The present city police office is the most ideal location for the central police station to take care of the city proper which is outside the area of Tetuan and Sta. Maria police stations.
To transfer the city police office without creating the central police station will create a vacuum in the commercial center.
For quite a longtime the activation of the central police station has been advocated to focus its attention in the heart of the city where many heinous crime are being committed.
With the activation of the central police station under a senior and responsible chief of police, the city police director can concentrate on the middle level command decision making and in the supervision of city police stations instead of being tied up in personally overseeing the situation in the city proper like a chief of police.
The ideal site for the city police office is somewhere in Mampang which is a problematic barangay.
The presence of government center will help improve the peace and order condition.
By Rex G. Miravite
- 16/07/2013 00:00 - In defense of Rody Duterte
- 16/07/2013 00:00 - Questions on wealth sharing
- 16/07/2013 00:00 - The devil has no defense against prayer He trembles when we pray
- 23/07/2013 13:45 - Drilon, et. al., must use ‘pork’ for poor
- 23/07/2013 13:44 - My Turn
- 12/07/2013 16:20 - Launching of Sophie Paris Catalog 60 at Yubenco Star Mall
- 11/07/2013 15:08 - Constitutional issue in PNP leadership
- 11/07/2013 15:06 - Silsilah Message for Ramadhan 2013/ 1434 HC
- 10/07/2013 16:24 - KAKAMPI KO ANG BATAS
- 10/07/2013 16:23 - Excellent Leaders, Good Managers