Thursday, 25 July 2013 15:47
Pursuant to RA 6975 or PNP law local police units are under the administrative and operational control and under the general supervisory authority of the local chief executives like governors, city and municipal mayors and not under the local legislative bodies.
The city council of Zamboanga cannot give direct orders to the local police to submit the details of the investigation and weekly report to the august body within the period of one month from the receipt of resolution 528 for the arrest of suspects in shooting incidents.
The portion of said resolution condemning the summary killings of innocent victims and earnestly requesting the directors of PRO9 and Zamboanga City police office thru her honor the mayor to fasttrack the investigation of the killings and other similar cases is in order and proper.
For the legislators to direct the local police to submit weekly report to them within a period of one month is tantamount to usurpation of function of the local chief executives.
By Rex G. Miravite
- 29/07/2013 14:53 - Guidelines in Customs appointments
- 27/07/2013 15:09 - City council must formulate crime prevention plan
- 27/07/2013 15:07 - God knows and calls us by our names
- 25/07/2013 15:54 - Metro criminals now very bold
- 25/07/2013 15:48 - The inside story on Cebu Pacific settlement
- 18/07/2013 00:00 - Genetically modified
- 18/07/2013 00:00 - “Watching the watchdog”
- 17/07/2013 00:00 - Senseless killings, violence, on the rise
- 17/07/2013 00:00 - DOST to strengthen weather forecasting to benefit farmers
- 16/07/2013 00:00 - PAF’s skyhigh public service