Saturday, 17 August 2013 15:32
(Part one of two)
When one obeys God, the fiery trials are a means of trying, testing and tempering. Servants of God are revealed, refined, reaffirmed and reassured in the fiery furnace of trials and turbulation.
The Bible, in the book of Daniel Chapter 3 tells of three young men Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego-who faced this dilemma.
Verses 1-7 of Daniel 3 tells us of the occasion-The Dedication of the Image (vv. 1-3): King Nebuchadnezzar of the Babylonian Empire, erecting a great image of himself in the plain of Dura, invited assorted dignitaries to its dedication. These princes, governors, judges, rulers and other officials assembled and stood before the image, awaiting instruction. Verses 4-7 reveals The Directive to the Individuals: When the multitude heard the music, they were to fall down and worship the image. Those who disobeyed would be cast into a fiery furnace.
Verses 8-18 reveals the offenders. All bowed and worship the image except Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. Verses 8-12 tells us of the accusation: Certain Chaldeans informed the king of the disobedience of the Hebrews and reminded him of the penalty for disobeying his instructions. Nebuchadnezzar was furious and summoned the young men. He offered them another chance to submit (vv.13-15).
Verses 16-18 reveals The Allegiance of the offenders: “We have no need to answer you in this manner,” was the reply. “If.. our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods,or we will worship the gold image.”
Verses 19-30 reveals the outcome. Their refusal enraged the king, and they were cast into the fire, but a fourt man joined them in the flames, and they were delivered unharmed. (Note: Last part to be continued tomorrow)
By Bro. Paeng Santos
- 22/08/2013 14:57 - Our right to decolonization
- 19/08/2013 15:12 - Cebu ship collision: no radars?
- 19/08/2013 15:12 - Why organize a taxpayers association?
- 19/08/2013 15:10 - On Birds and Birdwatching
- 19/08/2013 15:10 - Keep our prayers going only God can heal our land
- 15/08/2013 00:00 - Killer meat loaf; ‘road less traveled’
- 15/08/2013 00:00 - Don’t blame helmet law on criminality
- 14/08/2013 00:00 - Plunder for P900 M Malampaya fund misuse
- 14/08/2013 00:00 - HARAM
- 14/08/2013 00:00 - Meeting Mayor Beng