Monday, 19 August 2013 15:10
(First of two parts)
We are living in a nation to the extent in which most of our leader’s conduct is being governed not by the moral laws of God, but by the popular culture of our times. “What are we in power for”… Remember? Such is the logic and the moral code of conduct for which corrupt politicians strive to bring about or to effect satisfaction to their greedy hearts. Perhaps they assume it is possible to have morality without God, but the whole foundation and basis of morality is the existence of God.
An author puts it more bluntly: “There is nothing in history to match the dreadful results to which humanity can be led by following a political and social philosophy that consciously and absolutely excludes God.”
Without the reality of an eternal God there is no ultimate basis for ethics and there are no moral absolutes. Those who are trying to ignore or refuse belief in God cannot do it without destroying themselves. And if our nation continues to descend into a godless, entertainment-centered moral relativism that holds no fear of God and no reverence for His commands, we will perish as a nation.
So what can we do about it? Psalm 85:6 says, “Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you? Like the psalmist, let us keep our prayers going. We can pray for revival. There have been other demoralized times in the history of our nation and in the history of other lands in which judgment was delayed by the winds of revival; and it is not too late for our nation to experience an awakening.
More than ever, God wants us to transform our society. Let us pray for our leaders (National Level Especially) and encourage them by the power of the Holy Spirit to keep their lives pure by remaining utterly committed to God and to His commandments. (Last part to be continued on tomorrow’s issue)
By Bro. Paeng Santos
- 22/08/2013 14:58 - “Pork barrel turns lawmakers into swines”
- 22/08/2013 14:57 - Our right to decolonization
- 19/08/2013 15:12 - Cebu ship collision: no radars?
- 19/08/2013 15:12 - Why organize a taxpayers association?
- 19/08/2013 15:10 - On Birds and Birdwatching
- 17/08/2013 15:32 - Obedience to scripture is an obligation, not an option
- 15/08/2013 00:00 - Killer meat loaf; ‘road less traveled’
- 15/08/2013 00:00 - Don’t blame helmet law on criminality
- 14/08/2013 00:00 - Plunder for P900 M Malampaya fund misuse
- 14/08/2013 00:00 - HARAM