Monday, 02 September 2013 15:50
Crime prevention is non-negotiable and it takes precedence over all other law enforcement functions.
Law-abiding citizens must feel safe when they see peace officers and must not be afraid of their presence.
Protection of life and property of the people has no alternative.
Crime prevention and crime solution must not have of the same level of importance and priority.
Crime solution must have the lowest priority over the protection of life and property of the people.
The effectiveness of a law enforcement unit is not measured on the number of crimes they have solved but on how effective the measures they have applied to prevent commission of crimes.
Crime prevention concept is simple, practical, economical, realistic, and implementable that is attuned to the prevailing situation coupled with sincerity, dedication, commitment, and consistency of peace officers equals the effective protection of the life and property of the people.
The best law enforcement unit is one that has the lowest crime solution efficiency because it has also the lowest crime incidents.
By Rex Miravite
- 05/09/2013 00:00 - “Abolish political dynasties” — Born Again Christians
- 05/09/2013 00:00 - Fiscal coup still an LPA
- 04/09/2013 13:48 - More OFW groups call for `zero remittances’
- 02/09/2013 15:55 - Relax, the two billion is still there.
- 02/09/2013 15:54 - CONFUSION OVER THE TERM “MORO”
- 30/08/2013 16:00 - Janet Napoles maybe granted bail
- 30/08/2013 15:59 - After the Holy Month of Ramadan, Muslims and Christians reflect on what’s ahead for the City; Zamboanga City is lucky to have two hard-working Representatives
- 30/08/2013 15:58 - Taxpayers hold Supreme Power
- 29/08/2013 00:00 - Good eyesight, key to good children’s education
- 29/08/2013 00:00 - Is a fiscal coup possible in RP?