Monday, 30 September 2013 00:00
(Last part of two)
It’s easy to look around and get discouraged. When we are in a state of danger or desperation, and when the outlook is discouraging, try the uplook. God is on the throne and He is on the throne and He reigns in victory. Claim God’s great promise. Psalm 145:18 reads: “The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth.” Isn’t that a great promise? It’s a promise we can put to work today. Let’s look at it more closely.
First, He is near to those who are stumbling. “The Lord upholds all who fall, and raises up all those who are bowed down” (v.14). He is near to those who carry burdens. Those who bowed down with the weight of care can find rest if they will call upon Him.
Next, He is near to those who are hungry. “The Lord upholds all who fall, and raises up all those who are bowed down” (v.14). He is near to those who carry burdens. Those who bowed down with the weight of care can find rest if they will call upon Him.
Again, He is near to those who call upon Him. Verses 18 and 19 give us this great promise: “The Lord is near to who call upon Him, to all who call upon Him in truth. He will fulfill the desire to those who fear (revere) Him. He also will hear their cry and will save them.” He is near to you if you will call upon Him.
And finally, He is near to those who love Him. “The Lord preserves all who love Him, but all the wicked He will destroy” (v. 20). Draw near to God,” says the apostle James, “and He will draw near to you” (James 4:8). God is not far from us. He’s just waiting for us to take that first step, to cry out to Him and say, “Lord, I want to draw near to you. Here I am. I have stumbled. I am carrying burdens. I am carrying burdens. I am hungry. I am needy. I want to love you. I want to call upon you.”
His promise is, “The Lord is near to all those who call upon Him.” Claim God’s great promise! Call upon Him today.
By Bro Paeng Santos
TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY
- 05/10/2013 13:22 - Call for ‘localized’ police system snowballs
- 03/10/2013 12:53 - The 9/9 MNLF siege of Zamboanga City, Lessons learned; Faults unmasked (PART I)
- 03/10/2013 12:50 - Let’s all unite to fight the greatest threat
- 30/09/2013 00:00 - Division in RP media: pro and anti-Aquino
- 30/09/2013 00:00 - AFP ready to turn over affected areas if..
- 26/09/2013 00:00 - UP plagiarist & pork scam: indictment vs. nation
- 26/09/2013 00:00 - Let Us Rebuild Our City
- 26/09/2013 00:00 - Zamboanga and the Biblical Story of Job
- 26/09/2013 00:00 - War brings me fearful thoughts
- 24/09/2013 10:04 - ON MNLF STANDOFF: ZAMBOANGA BLEEDING