Sunday, 13 October 2013 00:00
(Part two of three)
But now Christ is risen from the dead! It’s high time we began living in the light of that reality. 1 Peter 3:22 reads: “And now Christ has gone to heaven, He is seated in the place of honor next to God, and all the angles and authorities and powers accept his authority.” He is ruling from his heavenly throne. When He had purged our sins, He took His place of honor at God’s right hand. (Mark 16:19)
And in heaven Jesus is our advocate, He is interceding for believers. Paul says, “Who then will condemn us? No one – for Christ Jesus died for us and was raised to life for us, and he is sitting in the place of honor at God’s right hand, pleading for us” (Romans 8:34). The apostle John wrote: “My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin; but if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous” (1 John 2:1).
In heaven, Jesus is preparing a place for us. John 14:1-3 reads: “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.”
He is receiving the souls of those who die in Christ. The apostle Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed steadily into heaven and saw the glory of God, and he saw Jesus standing in the place of honor at God’s right hand. As Stephen told them what he saw, the Jewish leaders filled with rage, rushed at him and dragged him out of the city and began to stone him. As they stoned him, Stephen prayed, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit. He fell to his knees, shouting, “Lord don’t charge them with this sin!” And with that he died. (Acts 7:54-59).
In heaven Jesus is being praised by Angels. Revelation 5:11-12 reads: “Then I looked again, and I heard the voices of thousands and millions of angels around the throne of the living beings and the elders. And they sang in a mighty chorus: “Worthy is the lamb who was slaughtered – to receive power and riches and wisdom and strength and honor and glory and blessing.”
TO GOD BE ALL THE GLORY
(Note: Last part on tomorrow’s issue)
Bro. Paeng Santos
- 15/10/2013 15:02 - NBI probing judicial corruption: can it be done?
- 15/10/2013 15:01 - UN alarms world of severe water shortage by 2030, and the answer is…
- 15/10/2013 14:59 - The gospel of truth and love
- 14/10/2013 16:28 - The gospel of truth and love
- 13/10/2013 00:00 - City mom is upset!
- 10/10/2013 13:46 - Off to Germany -- for stem cell
- 10/10/2013 13:45 - Probe PNoy’s pork, too; Christians vs. PDAF, DAP
- 10/10/2013 13:42 - Nuño set to deliver her privilege speech in Congress
- 09/10/2013 14:17 - Soldiers from North need Acclimatization of South
- 06/10/2013 00:00 - Peace and success for Filipinos: how?